2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2012 12:52 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Cinque Terre trains

veteranswife Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone out ther help me understand how to get around the Cinque Terre towns without renting a car?  We are coming by train from Venice and will stay in one of the towns along the coast (perhaps Santa Margherita) but wasn't sure where the trains drop you off.  Are there buses to the hotels, etc. And does anyone have a favorite town or hotel to recommend.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cinque Terre trains
    razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Welcome veteranswife.  Unfortunately, I do not know anything about this area, but it is on our bucket list.  I know other Insiders have been to this area and probably will be able to give you some advice. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Cinque Terre trains
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

veteranswife,

Try going to www.raileurope.com

This will give you stops, costs, and times for rail transportation.  Have only been to Venice once so I really won't be able to help very much. 

What you may want to do, is look at stops in the area, then google that village, then look at the choices for lodging.  You may want to then email that particular property, get information, and a name of a person to "Personalize" your visit.  One other thing that has worked with me, is ask if they have a "Cash" discount.  When staying in Europe, I have found a lot of "Mom and Pop" places will take US Dollars at a greatly discounted room rate.  Usually, they are coming to the US or have relatives here.  Just a thought!

Thanks in advance for letting us know how this all turns out, and I hope others will have something to contribute.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...