6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2013 4:53 PM by sherryl RSS

London Vacation

edinamn Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My wife and i are planning to stay in london for 3 days on june 6. We are using points so we have our choice for "central' London. Which hotel is best? Marriott Agent suggested  the Grosvner Marriott, or JW Marriott Grosnver Square or the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel (newly remodeled Train Station)

Which hotel would someone recommend?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: London Vacation
    awatson120 Platinum

My wife and I have stayed at many properties in London but our very favorite is the Park Lane. Great staff, close to everything, and nice rooms.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

There have been many discussions on this topic.

here is a recent one: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/12109

if you then look on the right hand side of this link in the section titled "more like this" that will give you some more ideas.

SG

cmcminn Platinum

It very much depends on what you want to do in London (is it your first time? )

Assuming you want to do all the usual "tourist" things, then you will want a central location.

Exclude any of the airport hotels (Heathrow / Gatwick) - Too far from city, nothing local and costly travel.

I would also avoid the more outlying areas such as Canary Wharf and Twickenham - Travel by Taxi/Public Transport  required to get to most areas of interest.

Of the numerous Central hotels , I would choose in the order ( but, you should check the individual websites for your own preferences )

Marriott Park Lane

Grosvenor House JW

Marriott County Hall

Marriott Grosvenor Square

Marriott Kensington

Marriott Marble Arch

Good Value , but slightly  less central

Marriott Regents Park  (good location for Zoo and Baker Street , etc)

Marriott Maida Vale

sherryl Silver

The Marriott Marble Arch is lovely and the service is great! I stayed there several times and would return again.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I will just miss you as I'll be in London for 3 days leaving June 6th. I've read several raves about County Hall, but the price is too steep for me. I kind of like the Kensington for the gardens nearby & I think that St. Pancras is just gorgeous. I'm probably leaning toward Kensington at the moment, but it is my first time in London so don't count my advice for anything (though wherever I stay I'll be sure to report on it here.)

boldie24 Platinum 1 Reviews

I have stayed at the Kensington many times.  Good location, rooms so-so but full service breakfast comped if you have status.  Very friendly staff.  Also within a 5 minute walk to two tube stations.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...