4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 7:42 PM by Able_1 RSS

Pissed

harryk Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

wanted to use MR points to stay at the Harbor Beach Marriott in Fort Lauderdale and since it was not available I used my AMEX points, however when I made the reservation the was no place to put my MR number. I called MR and they informed me that since I made the reservation the way I did there was not going to be any noting of my Platinum MR number nor was I going to get credit for staying there.   I really don't care about the points, I just wanted the hotel to recognize before I get there, so I don't walk in there like a nobody

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Pissed
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Do I understand that you used AMEX reward points to pay for this reservation at the rate of .01/point? If so, I think the info you received was incorrect. You have the standard Marriott confirmation number-correct? If so, I would call back and even speak to a manager. If that didn't work, I would try calling the property direct and adding your MR number. Good luck.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I am not sure about your AMEX card but if you arrive at the hotel, you can give your MR # at that time.  The problem is if the hotel is full, they might not be able to give you a better room but they can give you what your status dictated.  If platinum, free Internet, CL, etc.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What is the deal with so many wanting to be recognized as someone with their status?  Is it really that annoying to you and that important to have an associate say to you, "hello Mister Platinum", I mean who hears that and if they put in on your room number after you check-in does that not give you the "Run of the Hotel"?

Able_1 Platinum 26 Reviews

I would agreed, however if your room preference is available, wouldn't you want to be upgraded to a room of your level.  It's not always about the Mr. Platium.  But it does make a difference with rooms being assigned the night before.  Too many nights (platium level) trying to sleep next to a highway or parking lot, instead of a Courtyard or green space.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...