6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2009 1:02 AM by jerrycoin RSS

What is great about the Seattle Marriott Waterfront ?

insiderfred Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Can anyone tell me what good or exciting experiences you've had at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel?  We're thinking of staying for a week in July, and wonder if the opression of downtown Seattle will be offset by neat experiences in the neighborhood.  Are there room locations to avoid?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What is great about the Seattle Marriott Waterfront ?
    josephbradley Silver

Depends on whether you like loud music or not. The hotel is almost directly across from a performance venue. That cuts two ways. If you are there for the show, great! If the music is not your style, it can get pretty loud. However, the hotel is right near a whole lot of things and you can easily fill a whole week being based from the hotel.

Joe

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

insiderfred Silver
    That's interesting, and not very encouraging.  Are there some room locations that are better than others for solitude?

josephbradley Silver

I would probably still go for the waterfront view.

Things to see and do:

Seattle Art Museum, Pike Place Market, Seattle aquarium, a Washington Ferry ride (go to Bainbridge), a harbor tour, the Fry Museum, the Space Needle (have lunch and the viewing level is 'free'), the Ballard Locks, the Aviation museum (Boeing Field) and Mt Rainier.

Joe

• Re: Seattle Marriott Waterfront Hotel
    insiderfred Silver

Joe, thanks for some very helpful tips.  We're looking forward to having a good time in Seattle.

Fred

_punny Platinum

I just got back from a weekend staying at the Seattle Waterfront Hotel...  The location is really convenient, you can pretty much walk everywhere.

The room was just like the regular Marriott.  However, when I checked in, I picked fruit and prezel for the welcome gift as I always does.  The fruite came molded, and when I pick up the phone to call the front desk, the phone line was cut.  They did have a second wireless phone and I called with that one instead.  The front desk was surprised and promised to deliver the food again.  The second plate was obviously from the same batch.  I did not touch the fruit at all...

Everything was fine for the reminder of our stay, the sevice, decoration, and others are to the regular Marriott standard....  Just thought I'd mention the fruit surprise.  Just get points for the present.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Punny,

Sorry to hear of your fruit experience.  We stayed recently, and not only got a fantastic upgrade, see pictures, there was only great food, including the concierge lounge.

We will stay here on upcoming trips and cruises to/thru Seattle! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...