5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 10:50 AM by kroywen RSS

Annapolis, MD - Springhill Suites

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just arrived back in NY from my bi-monthly New York to southern  Virginia trip.     On the way down stayed at my old reliable Marriott Tysons Corner which is still as good as ever.   (Now being raised to Cat 5).      Decided to try a different route back and chose Annapolis. where I found a great AAA rate at the Springhill Suites.  (Also being increased from Cat 4 to Cat 5).   Had never stayed at a Springhill and was a bit apprehensive.  

I was extemely pleased with the hotel.     Greeting upon checkin was warm, welcoming and informative.    The room/suite was more than adequate and very clean.   The furnishings and bedding were as good as the Marriott's.     There was a small separate sitting area with desk, couch, coffee maker, bar sink, mini fridge & microwave (including disposable utensils..)  Complimentary coffee was offered in the lobby 24/7.   The included breakfast  selections were really excellent (I was very surprised -- Greek yogurt, fresh fruit, granola along with the usual pastries,eggs & waffles).  

The hotel has free parking,  a nice swimming pool & fitness room, as well as a complimentary small business center.

I had an unusual request (won't go into that now) and the manager, Steven Merchant, went out of his way to fulfill it.    A hotel concierge could not have done more.

I'll definitely add this to my stayover list and recommend it highly. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Annapolis, Maryland, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott
  • Re: Annapolis, MD - Springhill Suites
    erc Platinum

Nice write up and I agree this is an excellent property and one that I as a DC area native will miss as a Cat. 4 certificate gift, especially since you cannot touch the Annapolis Marriott for anything less than $200 any time (there apparently is never a 'down' time). The SpringHill in Alexandria, Va. on Eisenhower Ave. is a similar property that gets you close to the action (Old Town Alexandria) with free parking and Certificate usage (going from a 3 to a 4).

Studying the local area increases for shows, dinners, quick getaways etc, I didn't see the Tysons Marriott (nor Fairview - Falls Church Va or Gaithersburg Md, but we did lose the Dulles and Bethesda suites) increase.  Granted the increases are somewhat like deciphering the Rosetta stone with the way they are organized, but I couldn't find Tysons, and I was certainly concerned sinced they raised the nearby Residence Inn from a 3 to a 4 - where (meaning what clump) is the increase? Here's hoping it's still a 4, because with the renovation, it should be even a more solid property than it already is, thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Thanks erc!    Guess i misread the list.   I'll be very happy if it stays a 4 so I can use the certificates there.    Their renovation is going well, although they still don't know which restaurant will be coming in.

I'm booking my certificate and points stays as far ahead as my schedule allows.   So far I'll be staying at National Harbor  & Inner Harbor next trip.   Loved Alexandria and maybe will look for a Cat 4 near Arlington next.    I hate driving into DC for a one-night stay, so I'll usually go upscale and pay for a 2 night if I can arrange to be in town and attend a Kennedy Center performance.

I really agree with most of the MI members that bonus certificates should now be Cat 1-5 and the Chase Card should go to 1-6 with a one-year expiration.  

erc Platinum

Whew, that's good news on Tysons, always good to keep a 'keeper'. Here's a local tip, since you're looking in advance; The Renaissance Dupont Circle can be snagged 4 out of the 5 August weekends for $99 (they provide coupons for breakfast to golds/plats) for either one or two nights (so you could grab a Thursday on front end or Sunday on back end and have one day concierge lounge) and it's a very pleasant/easy walk to the Kennedy Center.

Of course the Kennedy Center top of the roof two spots (restaurant and cafe) provide nice meals, but you can also cut your walk in half and dine at Washington DC Dining-Notti Bianche- Downtown DC Fine Dining and then walk the rooftop as a viewing event.

kroywen Gold 11 Reviews

Sounds like a great deal.    I'm planning on visiting the revamped Homestead (not a Marriott, but an Amex Platinum fine resort) the end of July so that should work right in.   Will check to see the Kennedy Center schedule for early August.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks for this review.  It's verytimely for me since I'll be staying at this SHS the first week of March.  I did stay ther two years ago and like you found it very comfortable and the staff professional and friendly.  I even got to watchj aTurkish wedding in the lobby.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...