3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 23, 2013 3:35 PM by jkernitzki RSS

Platinum Premiere Elite Esoterics

toader Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

It's always fun to talk to those either new or with limited knowledge of MR about the existence of the extra level we call Platinum Premiere Elite. One thing I have tried to do with each property I go to is get an idea of how many PPE they see in a given week.  It has been really interesting, based on the profile of the property's guest (conventioneer, leisure, business direct), how often they see a PPE.  For instance, at the Sao Paulo Renaissance, the concierge floor processes about 1-2 PPEs per week.  I know the ad hoc question to one concierge employee doesn't represent all that stay, it does give an idea how rare this level may actually be.  It would be interesting to see if any of the MRI PPE clan can share your various responses, perks, communications, or exclusivity you receive for being at this level.

Sao Paulo Renaissance: 1-2/week

Plano Marriott: 2-3/week

Bellevue Courtyard Downtown (Microsoft): 5-6/week

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premiere Elite Esoterics
    mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews

I Have received nothing special yet. I have stayed at a few resorts so far this year and the upgrade was not what I would consider an upgrade. they made like what they gave was the governors suite. also out of the 7 different hotel stays only one noticed my ppe status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

We've had one who really was trying to show that he was recognizing Platinum.  I don't know that it was even because of PP.  That was in Hilton Head, SC.  He was a British mgr. who gave us points and a nice welcome give of Hagen-Das ice cream and wine, besides free self-parking and an nice room with an ocean view that was probably a great upgrade without his mentioning it.

We did get enough free breakfast coupons to cover the guests we had for my son's birthday breakfast at the Columbia, SC Marriott because of it, too.  That was really a super privilege and probably will NEVER happen again anywhere. 

And the Ren. Market Hall in Dallas, TX got us into a room where we wouldn't have to change rooms even though they were booked solid and we arrived a day earlier than our reservation.  We always get free breakfasts there, and great rates on weekends.  Fantastic hotel!!!  Elliptical in shape so that all parking is as close as possible, even when in the back overflow lot.

I think that a lot of extras might be given to us without mentioning the reason, though.

Sometimes, the staff and / or mgrs. are still really bad, but mostly good.

And since I stay at the CY in Columbia, SC quite a bit, I have to say that the staff there is some of the warmest people I've ever seen.  When I leave, there are hugs all around when they come outside to tell me goodby if I don't tell them inside.  Great breakfast buffet there, too.  Mel will even cook the eggs the way you want and gets frequent requests for her grits and shrimp when a group is staying in town and is familiar with it.     

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

I'd say that the PP status is actually acknowledged maybe 50% of the time for me, though that's all that comes of it. Any upgrades I've received I'm fairly certain I would've gotten as a "mere" Platinum, but you never know.

As far as the prevalence of PP's in a property, the CY Toronto Airport gets 6-10 a night. Platinums are in the 15-20 per night range. I should've taken a pic of the welcome board the last time I was there. I was truly shocked at the volume of elites.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...