10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 12:47 PM by anadyr RSS

The car of your dreams?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a couple but the 1966 Mustang convertible that was parked along our favorite watering hole in Carmel (Vesuvio) is one of them.  Lovingly restored. I masked over the license plate to protect the owner.  Some of my other favs , are...no wait, what does everyone else like and want?

DSCN9973.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Carmel by the Sea, California, USA
  • Re: The car of your dreams?
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

that is a very nice vehicle.  My first and second cars were both Falcons, 1961 and then a 1963 convertible.  They were both  great cars and carried me, my cooler, and my drunk buddies a lot of miles.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

My first car was a 63 ford Galaxie 500 convertible that I totaled on the PA turnpike by hitting the trailer of an 18 wheeler!  But then the truk driver was cited and I replaced it with a 66 Ford hardtop coupe.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Glad u came out of it alive!

Only thing that saved me was that the car was all steel and it hit on the passenger side, not the drivers.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

did you swerve to miss?  What time of the day was it?

When  I get back home I will send photos and details. It was midday.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Can't wait!

Here are a couple of other of my "Beauties"!

01-19-2013 03;08;48PM.JPG

A "73 Pontiac" Company car" I drove from Stl to SFO, non stop for 44 hours!  What a trip, Was at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf, and I took my Irish Setter!

01-19-2013 03;09;56PM.JPG

Yes, what an experience in this VW!  No heat, and it was something, I will never forget!

Thanks for reminding me of "The old day's"

Great cars and great memories Jerry--thanks for sharing these

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

My first, and memorable car, a 1957 Ford, paid $250, and drove the car for thousands of wonderful miles! (NO pictures)

PTDC0023.JPG

A great ride was taking my 90 year old Father in law for a ride in my Twin Turbo Cab, Porsche with my Brother and Sister in Law's.  It was a Fall day, and to drive around and visit wineries and see the Mississippi, was memorable.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

If you're old enough to appreciate this, check out this website:  http://www.objflicks.com/CarsWeDrove.htm

Fred

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...