7 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 10:52 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Fairfield Williamsburg, VA- A disaster

misskes Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at Fairfield Williamsburg, VA. It was the worse experience of my entire life since I joined the Marriott over 10 years ago. Humidity, smell, cracked wall. Leaking roof, yellow stains in the bath...stick remote controls...NOTHING clean. I was forced to checkout the next morning. Real dissapointment!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Williamsburg
  • Re: Fairfield Williamsburg, VA- A disaster
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

this is horrible.  Why does Marriott allow a place like this to keep it's name?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

misskeys,

That sounds horrible!  Saw the FF, but have not stayed there.

Let me share with you a wonderful experience I had at The RI there.  It was the only RI that upgraded me to a two room suite at a one room price.  It was a wonderful place and the staff was great.  That is the place for my Williamsburg stays.  If you go look this guy up at the RI, he was fabulous:

IMG_1792.JPG

Ask for Sal, he is a "Can do, guy"!  Really helped me out and this location was wonderful.

Location Brand Hotel
    Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Williamsburg

Thank you Sal for your input! Whenever I get the chance to go there, will check out with you. 

missakes,

I saw the FF, but have never stayed there!

It was "Over the phone", when I first was introduced to Sal.  Having never met him, he promptly welcomed me as a PP, and gave me a great rate for Christmas!  The two room suite was less than 1/3 of the cost at the nearby Williamsburg Inn!

Agree I had the smell horrible experience in Williamsburg. In fact, I forgot about that. It was worse than  my experience at SpringHill Suites of last night. The hotel was falling apart, leaking pipes and smelling rust, and they let people sleep in such unhealthy environment. I reported to J.W Marriott, such a GREAT man! Because of him, I stay at the Marriott because I think if he knew he will take action immediately and that's why I keep reporting. If no action or measurement is taken, there are many other hotels I stay in such as Hyatt, Hilton where I am also a member for more than a decade as with the Marriott hotels.

Bless you all' the people at Marriott, they are great (except one at the Marriott Fredericksburg, a new Manager whom I am giving the benefit of the doubt because she must be still learning). But all in all, I love people at the Marriott and have nothing to complain about them at this point.

missakes,

In 30 years with Marriott, I have only had one bad experience.  It would not have happened if Hilton had not been worse!

When it "Rains it pours"!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Did you send a note to customer care to tell them?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...