2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 9:17 PM by lone6star RSS

Question about reservation check-in

jilian764 Member
Currently Being Moderated

I'm going to be staying at a Marriott in April, and I booked it under my name with my fiance's corporate rate (he's joining).  He is coming on the trip but will be joining me hours after I have already checked in.  However, he has platinum status and I have no status.  The hotel is now booked under my name for this corporate rate and I cannot make a new reservation under his name because the rate is no longer available for those dates.  Will there be any way once I get to the hotel to transfer the reservation to his account without him actually being present at the time?  I'd like to use the benefits of his account (free wi-fi, concierge access, etc.) but am unsure if I'll be able to set this up without him being present at the time of check-in.  I tried calling to transfer the reservation, but they said I can't do that over the phone.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question about reservation check-in
    richard37075 Platinum

You could start by calling the hotel directly and have his name and Marriott # added to the reservation.  You shouldn't have to change anything else, and the rate certainly shouldn't change.  I would take the opportunity, while on the phone with the hotel, to explain that your fiancee is a Platinum member, and you would like to request an upgrade if possible.  If they have a problem with this, you could also call reservation customer service and ask them to do the same thing.  I do this all the time when my wife is traveling with me and she checks in first while I am still on business.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question about reservation check-in
      lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Agree, the hotel should be able to make the switch for you.  Be friendly, and don't get agitated, and it should work out fine!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...