7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 10:47 AM by jasper100 RSS

2013 Freddie Awards Voting (Will Marriott receive your Votes??)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just voted on the 2013 Freddie Awards. Unfortunately, Marriott this year did not receive any of my votes for any category due to their continual devaluation of elite member benefits. In previous years, Marriott always got many of my votes. I hope Marriott can once again show that loyal elite members are important to them to gain Insiders support of the Freddies in the future. How will you vote for Marriott this year in the Freddies??

One also has to question Marriott's timing of implementing the point devaluation in light of the Freddie Awards voting. I have to guess that the Marriott is going to lose a lot of votes as a result and devalue their program in the eye of their customers even further. Another example of Marriott's disregard for their most loyal members by Marriott Management and Accountants!!! No longer the Marriott that J. W. Marriott built.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2013 Freddie Awards Voting (Will Marriott receive your Votes??)
    erc Platinum

Well if they win this year Jasper, it would be like when James Cameron post-Titanic, called his directorial debut of Piranha 2:The Spawning, "the finest flying piranha movie ever made".

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Aren't we voting for how Marriott did in 2012 not what might be happening in 2013? In that case, they still get my vote. It's next year's Freddie's that should really be affected.

Unfortunately, this devaluation of points by Marriott and the arrogance of Marriott in 2012 to their elite members is so detrimental to their most loyal guests, that in good conscience I could not vote for them regardless of whether this was done in 2012 or 2013!!!

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

Gotcha'.

reacher Platinum 3 Reviews

agree!  None of us should vote for Marriott this time around.  Marriott makes a big deal and uses advertising $$ to say how they consistently are voted #1 for Freddie.  Let's all show our anger over this latest increase in their point program by not voting for them.

It might be the only way they get the message of how upset we are.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I guess because I just had a wonderful 5 nights rewards stay (last week of January) at the Renaissance in Seattle where I was upgraded to a great corner suite on the 25th floor with spectacular views and was treated like a VIP, I am having some difficulty being as unhappy with Marriott right now as so many others are. It's like the 'glow' of a week long love affair is still with me.... 

Here is your chance to comment on whether or not you will vote for Marriott in the Freddies!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...