6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 5:31 PM by nanaglo45 Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Having just a horrible time this week with pretty much any Mac web browser and the Marriott reservations websiteRe: Website Rant

comfortzones Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

'Having just a horrible time this week with pretty much any Mac web browser and the Marriott reservations website. After all of the search fields are filled, we click the "Find" button, but it does not bring up hotel options to our searches if we want to pay cash. (The "Find" button does work for us if we search adn say we want to pay with Rewards Points.

We've had this happen on the latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Marriott has basically responded to two emails by saying that they're sorry and to try clearing our cache. Some of the new reservation website functions are clearly not cross-browser compatible. As Platinum members, we're left scratching our heads. Whazzup?

Is anyone else having these issues?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Having just a horrible time this week with pretty much any Mac web browser and the Marriott reservations websiteRe: Website Rant
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Yes, comfortzone, I have -- most of the time when I check MRI this past week and click Insiders it seems there are no communications (despite many posts).  So something is wrong.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Having just a horrible time this week with pretty much any Mac web browser and the Marriott reservations websiteRe: Website Rant
      GABill Platinum

Hi prof,

There are glitches going on here. I signed on Thursday to find that all my credits and "awards" on this site had been zeroed out. They are back today. No biggie, but I dislike sloppy systems (professional habits).

iefbr14 Platinum 4 Reviews

Let's not be so hard on Marriott....they are only following in the footsteps of others, like Microsoft (example: compare Office 2003 and Office 2010...why were some basic functions like Print, moved? Was it just for the sake of "here's a new version, you should purchase it"? There are a few improvements in 2010 from 2003, but it was not nearly worth having to learn where functions were moved....for no apparent reason. Ironically, when you drill down through the new decorations to try to reconfigure 2010 to be more like 2003, you will interact with dialog and setting boxes unchanged in look, feel, and function...from 2003!

Groupon combined their Now! deals with their long-term deals. I am no longer able to QUICKLY search for a cheap, short-term (hence the  category name "Now!") dinner at a nearby place. Now, I have to go through all the long-term deals (usually about 170 of them for Los Angeles) to find a Now! deal. And Groupon thinks that's a feature! (They announce "Now! deals are hanging out with all the other deals"). So, they purposefully and proudly mis-featured their website. As a result, I am using it less, and Groupon and the restaurants will suffer for this supposed 'upgrade'

I've seen Marriott's website change many times. Each time, I get nervous. Am I going to quickly be able to do what I need to do, or am I going to waste time trying to figure it out? Change for change's sake is overrated.

If it is a proper assumption that I am viewing a list of properties on a computer, then it is also an assumption that I am not driving. So why I do I have to click 4 or 5 times to get a hotel's phone number? It should appear along with the hotel's street address...without having to dig further. I am more likely to use a telephone next to my computer (by dialing the hotel's phone number) than use a steering wheel to utilize the hotel's address. Yes, the address is important, but so is the phone number. The reason I always call is to see what Plat benefits have been cut at that location. Today, I found out corporate is demanding that a certain property must discontinue offering free parking to Plat. a benefit that has been in place there for over 10 years.

With Marriott poking their nose into such a small and localized thing as PARKING for crying out loud, I can foresee Marriott requiring something like "LIMIT ONE BAGEL", "LIMIT ONE PAT of BUTTER" signs at the concierge lounge, (but this would only occur on the days Marriott allows the lounge to be open).

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

There was a bug with participation credits within the community which was first noted on 2/13 and we had the fix in place less than a day later.

-Comfortzones, I'll see what I can find out for you.

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

I have not experienced any difficulty with the Marriott reservations website. I have been checking out several possible reservations over the past few days at the senior rate, standard rates, and rewards points. I use a PC with Windows Vista and IE Explorer 8. Like virtually everyone else, though, I did experience the loss of participation points & badges on the Marriott Rewards Insiders website on 2/13, but other than that I have had no problems.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...