Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 3:08 PM by NathalieF RSS

Disruptative concerns

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone else been getting these?

Hello,

You have received this e-mail because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to Disruptive concerns.

'Re: Antarctica' 

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:32 PM

Now what did I post on Antarctica that there should be a concern about?

I have recently gotten several of these messages.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disruptative concerns

I got another one.

Hello,

You have received this email because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to UAT/Test Items concerns.

'First look at 2013 hotel category changes – Book before May 16, 2013 using 2012 hotel categories' 

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:26 PM

NathalieF  What is happening?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

I've had a couple deleted for pretty silly reasons, but nothing I'd call "disruptive." You're such a troublemaker, Cal. 

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi californian, I'll look into this for you.

We're testing for a release in the next few weeks so this was likely mistaken for a test post. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

You were obviously "frozen out."

Good point.  I did look and didn't see any deleted posts so another system error.  Maybe because there are no Marriott's there.

Here's an FAQ for reference should anyone find your content is moderated, possibly in error...

What can I do if my post has been moderated?

So what happens if a comment of yours is moderated? As frustrating as it is to see your content moderated, the quickest way to resolve the post in question is to contact the communitymanager directly. Please provide the url for the thread and/or the title to help track it down.

The vast majority of discussions and comments are posted in the community without a problem, which means most everyone is abiding by the terms of use nearly all of the time. That's excellent, thank you!!! We do however acknowledge the possibility for content to occasionally be taken out of context so we're happy to look into the matter for you and answer any questions you may have. After investigating, we'll explain the circumstances that prevents us from restoring some content and we'll restore any posts that do meet our terms of use.

Thanks Andy.  I have had several of these and did flag the Insider help as directed and got no response till I posted this.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Here are the emails I have received

================================================================================================================================================================

You have received this email because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to Copyright/Trademark concerns.

'Re: Almost Missed The Cruise Ship'

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 7:39 PM

=================================================================================================================================================================

You have received this email because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to Disruptive concerns.

'Re: We are Platinum members. During July we are visiting Grand Cayman on a cruise ship. We would like to spend the day at the Marriott along Seven Mile beach. Can we use their facilities for the day. If so, is there a charge?'

Posted: Jan 11, 2013 8:43 PM

=================================================================================================================================================================

You have received this email because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to Disruptive concerns.

'Wonderful Milestone Celebration Dinner Party at Jasna Polana...'

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 5:42 PM

'First look at 2013 hotel category changes – Book before May 16, 2013 using 2012 hotel categories'

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:00 PM

You have received this email because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to UAT/Test Items concerns.

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:25 PM

========================================================================================================================================================================================

You have received this email because your recent message was rejected by our moderator due to UAT/Test Posts concerns.

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:30 PM

================================================================================================================================================================

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:35 PM

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:38 PM

=================================================================================================================================

Hello,

Posted: Feb 12, 2013 6:40 PM

=========================================================================================================================================================================================

thanks gemprincess

I must say, you beat me.  I get several but you got more.  Did you forward them to Andy?

I just posted the link and time to the thread.

I suspect CM can look them up in the logs, as this is where the technical info will be to solve the problem.

If CM needs the actual emails, I will send if requested.

Hope it will soon be under control!

Had no idea until the discussion on censorship on 2013 Proposed Changes.

Since it was the 1st I noticed, and one of the messages was obviously mine cause you replied to me, sent me to the folder to investigate.

At first I was only looking at the 4 in that thread which was tedious.

Finally I sorted by sender and found all the others tracking back to Jan 2013 which I would think is helpful in pinpointing when it first started and what might have caused it.

You are so organized.  I keep cleaning up and deleted them after forwarding them to CM.  I should take some lessons.

Only way I can survive my email is to use rules.  I route them automatically to a folder if I usually don't need to read them immediately, and only periodically need to do an assessment on the topic, then I read through everything I have to get a feel for what has happened over time.

I also like to make use of web server communication as much as possible.  Its very similar to using the rules in email, in that you only go look at what you want to when you need to, and its all organized in one spot so you can read through it.

this is why I was so interested in the cross referencing of material on MI.

If this wealth of information is well organized I can access it from anywhere in the world at anytime given an internet connection.

NathalieF  Why is this being moderated?

Fairfield Williamsburg, VA- A disaster

misskesVisitor

I stayed at Fairfield Williamsburg, VA. It was the worse experience of my entire life since I joined the Marriott over 10 years ago. Humidity, smell, cracked wall. Leaking roof, yellow stains in the bath...stick remote controls...NOTHING clean. I was forced to checkout the next morning. Real dissapointment!

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Never got that one, but maybe if I trip a wire somewhere I will.

NathalieF  Notice the words "Currently being moderated".  It doesn;t show that now.
                      Fairfield Williamsburg, VA- A disaster

misskesVisitor

I stayed at Fairfield Williamsburg, VA. It was the worse experience of my entire life since I joined the Marriott over 10 years ago. Humidity, smell, cracked wall. Leaking roof, yellow stains in the bath...stick remote controls...NOTHING clean. I was forced to checkout the next morning. Real dissapointment!

californian

How did you find this one?

I just checked my email, and don't see it.

I did find a couple of blazing complaints placed under suggestions instead of under property reviews.

Am going to ask NathalieF to move them

Thus far my focus has been on organizing destination information which is my true passion and why I am here - to travel and talk travel

Just keep getting side-lined into these corporate issues and having flashbacks from my consulting days.  Feel like I should be invoicing for all the time spent discussing a hotel vendor's policies.

Maybe I should apply for a job at D&T?

The FFI Williamsburg was a post.  I copied it and sent it to a friend who will be in Williamsburg this year so she would know not to stay there.  I did a cut and paste into my e-mail.  It showed there.

I, too, feel like I am working when I work of the bugs.

It really hit me yesterday when explainning why the poll on the marriott website is not a 'real' study compared to the D&T study posted that I have really been using all my Research Methods on these topics which is really free consulting.

I hear you.  I have felt that way too.

Update as of February 25 - we've successfully pulled the comments originally reported out of moderation and are now visible: First look at 2013 hotel category changes – Book before May 16, 2013 using 2012 hotel categories and we will continue to look through other comments reported on this thread.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I'm glad I found this.  I got one of those emails too, and because it was regarding a fairly hot topic (criticism of points devaluation), I figured Marriott just didn't like what I wrote.  It indeed did cause me to feel a bit, well, "rejected" , but I just thought, 'well, whatever.'  Glad it was just a glitch.

This issue should now be resolved so we'll archive this thread (as we've manually approved the comments and reset our tool). Should you question any future moderated comments, please contact the communitymanager directly. What can I do if my post has been moderated?