26 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2013 8:28 PM by anadyr RSS

Return (not of) the Jedi

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, the person formerly known as Stepping Stones is back among the Insiders after a nine month hiatus

You may have heard that the meteorite that crashed in Russia yesterday was a major event and that's why I am back online.  Seems that the aliens....  nah, not me, and most definitely, not them.

I eagerly await the comments and criticisms of my posts that I have missed all these months. Meantime I have been tidepooling in Carmel as shown by my photo below. 

DSCN0169.JPG

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Return (not of) the Jedi
    jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Yeah, I thought that meteorite was a bit suspicious. You always were one for grand entrances. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Yes it's been a long time since Roswell.

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

More good book material It's like a time warp seeing both you and Pingreeman back from the past at the same time.  You  were both missed greatly and always appreciated, as you already know!

Too kind, and thanks

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

This might be short-lived as I did not ask for my account to be reinstated - it could be a fluke during an MRI bug fix crisis. But let's see how long it will last. Oh yes - thanks for the welcome back!

Deja vu again.  Welcome back.  Even though I have been gone for nine months, it is good to see you're back.

Well, I think the bugs have supposedly been fixed, and if you're still able to post and get it, maybe it will stay that way.  Hope so.  You know I've always enjoyed all you've brought to the site whenever you were here

Looks like you still have your posting status, and have a few badges since those were introduced since you left.  You will notice that there are all new status level names.  New levels are described here:

Participation Meter Levels

Thanks I will begin the Everest climb again but with a layoff I would need more than the years I have left.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Well..welcome back. The site has changed a lot since your exit...Maybe you will be able to get better Management response to Insiders since it seem we are not heard!!!

Thanks

Well, the rationale for my leaving involved a series of related frustrations, and I certainly hope that somehow my own frustrations can be heard and then acted on.  I would hope that if enough Insiders complain there's a PR issue if nothing else and that might engender some changes.

As George Costanza's father said in a famous Seinfeld show, "Serenity now!"

By the way, since you left, not one favorable change has been made to elite members, only negative changes. Hopefully you will bring some good luck here and we start seeing some favorable changes, even though I am very pessimistic!!!

Well perhaps this is the way of the world. I certainly hope not, but the handwriting seems to be on the wall for lots of loyalists.  I have stratyed to other hotels and found them to be like the old Marriott was.  (don't tell anyone)

I won't tell anyone if you don't!!!! 

My lips and those of the 37 million other MR members are sealed.  BTW I got an email that I was in the top 5% in Linkedin:  Me and Ten Million others!!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I got the same email from Linkedin.  I suspect it has no relative value in the least......

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

I got one listing me in the top 1%. Not only is it a bogus achievement, because of that now I'll probably end up with the Occupy crowd camped out on my lawn.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

anadyr,

Welcome back! 

I missed your comments and experiences!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The Man, The Myth, and The Mystery...... welcome old friend.

I am humbled to be back on Planet Marriott, I mean Earth.  The solar system is quite large and my orbit was outside the MRI sphere for a gestational period (nine months for the folks in Rio Vista), so it brings me joy to re-enter the fray and the dialog.  So to all who missed me and those who can't figure out why they did in the first place, thank you.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

WOW!

Seriously? This is for real right?

New perpective, new pseudonym. Very nice.

Welcome back! This is very nice indeed!

We can certainly use your hand, as well as perspective. It is a rough time for Marriott folks. I look forward to your commentary with great eagerness. It is very nice to have you back. Cannot wait to hear what you have been up to.

-Al

I will (with great humility) post in the near future about my perios of abstinence from MRI.  Thanks for asking.

superchief1 Platinum

Welcome back. I have really missed your helpful contributions. The Insiders forum seems to now be primarily an opportunity to vent regarding all of the devaulations for loyal Marriott customers, since it appears that Marriott management spends all their time taking things away. I recall the 'good old days' when you, TJC and many others provided recommendations of properties to experience and places to see. It has been a long time since Marriott gave us something to be positive about.

Many thanks and I appreciate that.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Welcome back, my friend!

Thanks very much NH

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...