7 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 2:04 AM by blujagu RSS

Room Key pop-up window

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No idea where to post this question, so I'll start here.

Has anyone else found the "Room Key" pop-up annoying, and when did that start?  If I wanted to check other hotels I'd go to Hotels.com or something similar.

There seems to be no way of stopping this thing.  Even FireFox won't block it.

Any thoughts on this thing?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Room Key pop-up window
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

this problem has been around for a while.  Interesting though...the last few days roomkey hasn't popped up when I was making reservations.

What is Roomkey.com?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

didjworld Gold 2 Reviews

Hi

I don't like it too

curiousone Platinum

I find it VERY annoying. If I want to compare rooms I will use a specific website for that.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very annoying is correct however; I only seem to get it when I click on the hotel name rather than the rates from the "find hotel" menu of the Marriott site.  Regardless it should be removed unless Marriott wants us to compare other hotel rates such as Starwood or Hilton which I have no problem doing these days after the new rewards category was revealed!!

westof30 Platinum

Can it get more annoying?  NO!  At first I would close the window and bam it pop back up.  So, now I just ignore it, seems to work the best.

bigmrm Platinum

I'm so annoyed by that pop-under that I've blocked it on my router. In fact, since Marriott wants to be jerks about it then I'll see to it that roomkey won't even make it through my employer's firewall.

blujagu Member

I have created a free Chrome browser extension that effectively blocks the Room Key popup on all associated hotel web sites. It can be installed via the Google Chrome Store here:

Chrome Web Store

Enjoy and please add a positive rating while you're there.

~ Blu

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...