8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 6:03 PM by kharada46 RSS

Residence Inn to be built on Maui

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

According to Marriott Hotel employees in Wailea, Maui, a Residence Inn is supposed to open in the Wailea area in 2014.  We love the Wailea property, but at $300+ a night, it sure stretches our budget.  Maybe a Residence Inn will be more resonably priced.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Wailea - Maui, Hawaii, USA
  • Re: Residence Inn to be built on Maui
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

That would be great!  Haven't heard anything on the local (Oahu) news.  We are getting a Ritz-Carlton Residence on Oahu, as well as an additional CY on the North Shore.  Most of the hotel news lately has centered around a possible 3rd Four Seasons on Lanai. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

kh,

Are you familiar with a dining place called "Fresh Catch"?

It is about 11 miles outside of Honolulu.

Get's some great reviews.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I like to eat at "Fresh Catch" in South Lake Tahoe.  I don't think this is part of a chain.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

californian,

I saw "Fresh Catch", on the Food Channel in Oahu, and it looked great.  Thanks for sharing the information on Lake Tahoe!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I find this interesting that there 2 restaurants with the same name in different locations that are both good.  I will be able to remember the name when I am in Oahu.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Sorry guys!  Had a long, hard week at work this past week, culminating in a event that kept me working for 16 hours yesterday!  At least I got to meet local virtuoso Raiatea Helm and famous local comedian, Frank De Lima!  Both are super nice and extremely talented! 

Anyhow, I've heard of Fresh Catch, but have never been.  However, my fiancee's family likes to buy their salad dressing, which is quite good, if not a little interesting and different!  They do have three locations, but they're all on Oahu.  Two are full service eateries, while the 3rd is a "quick stop" selling only poke and beer. 

They rate favorably on yelp, however, my go-to place for great fish at reasonable prices is Nico's Pier 38.  The Frenchman that owns the place make great upscale plate lunches at decent prices!  My favorite menu item is the furikake ahi (rare) at $12, which comes with choice of white/brown rice and Nalo greens/macaroni salad, plus a awesome cilantro dipping sauce.  This place was also featured on on Triple D with Guy Fieri.  Nico's Pier 38 Honolulu HI | Food Network on the Road

Hawaii has a lot of great seafood, though.  However, being a tourist destination, it is common to find a lot of, well "****" like you would in Rome, etc.  Always pays to do your homework!   

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...