4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 8:44 PM by painedplatinum RSS

Is Hilton Changing their Breakfast Policy for Diamond Members..

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Is FULL breakfast a benefit coming? - FlyerTalk Forums

While Marriott is reducing benefits, is Hilton increasing theirs..

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is Hilton Changing their Breakfast Policy for Diamond Members..
    pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

This is exactly why I am now a loyal Hilton member. With the removal of free coffee from the CY lobby, that was enough for me to make a permanent switch.

20+ years as a Marriott Rewards Member, over 3000+ paid nights, Platinum Premier status 9 (or is it 10) years in a row - and corporate decides to remove coffee and lose me forever as a guest. Hmmm - - - not very good to their bottom line.

Having achieved Lifetime Platinum several years ago and with the ONLY distinction between Platinum and Platinum Premier being a "special 800# dedicated to PPs), why would I consider patronizing Marriott? Hilton is making pro-active changes that benefit their guests while Marriott continues to swipe away benefits, reduce point value (by increasing a net 35% of properties in category levels), etc.

Oh - let me give them credit - they raised the welcome points for Courtyard stays from 200 to 400 points. So that's about enough to buy a $2.19 cup of coffee based on my analysis I did on MRI a few years back:

"Members earning Points can receive 200 bonus points at Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn by Marriott, Residence Inn by Marriott, Springhill Suites by Marriott and TownePlace Suites by Marriott as their arrival gift option. This is worth low/high of $1.33 to $3.05 if Cat5 or Cat1, respectively. On average, $2.19."

Marriott Points - just how much are they worth - an analysis

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Pingreeman..good to see you back after such a long time..we miss you..unfortunately, Marriott's view of their most loyal customers has continued to deteriorate since your last visit to the site and forces many of us to reconsider our loyalty. While other hotel chains seem to be improving benefits to their elites (i.e. Hilton, SPG, etc. etc.), Marriott seems to continually "slap their members in the face". What a shame!! However it seems like many of the loyal customers on Insiders express continued loyalty to the Marriott even though they keep getting the shaft!!! I used give 100% of my business to the Marriott and their Visa Card and now they are getting a lot less. Marriott has been a downhill slope since Mr. Marriott turned over his reigns to the New Management and their accountants.  I keep hoping the Marriott will eventually listen to Insiders input and  brings the Marriott back to the "Old Marrriott" though I am very skeptical!!

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

As for PGM being back - - this might be a fluke. I know my account was suspended on 12/30/2011 because I was angry with the site getting too much off "travel topics" and began deleting (on 12/26) all my postings (my counter dropped from 3500+ to under 600 LOL!). When Andy (at the time) saw all my posting disappearing, I got suspended. Yesterday and today, due to a potential bug in the MRI system, I was able to log on. This might be short-lived as I officially did NOT ask for my account to be reinstated. But it is fun for while it lasts!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...