2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 9:31 PM by marshallp RSS

Can 2 or more free night at Category 1-4 be used for partial credit for Category 5 hotel?

kevinmn Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

I am new to Marriott rewards and I travel a lot for business. So under the Mega Bonus I will get probably 3 or 4 nights at category 4 or lower hotel. Is it possible to redeem them for partial credit towards a stay at a category 5 hotel?

My hope is that since a category 4 night stay is worth 20,000 pts and a category 5 night stay is worth 25,000 pts that I could either use my free nights and pay the difference or use 2 free nights to get 1 free night at a category 5. My thought processes is 2 nights category 4 nights is worth 40,000 and 1 night category 5 is worth 25,000. So I am actually loosing some value but I'd be ok with that. I want to use my rewards on a family vacation but all of the hotels I'd like to stay at are category 5.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...