6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2014 4:03 PM by 2onthego RSS

Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Platinum Benefits

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Marriott has caused me to create a new 'bucket list' : hotels I'd like to visit before the MR program becomes worthless. I have always wanted to visit the Vinoy Renaissance Resort in St. Petersburg. FL and hope to stay there before point requirements increase. Has anyone stayed there recently and what are the platinum benefits I might expect : breakfast, upgrades?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA Renaissance Hotels Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Louis West/Wentzville
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
  • Re: Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Platinum Benefits
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

superchief -- I also hope you get some feedback from someone who has stayed at Vinoy recently.  That was one of our favorites, but we haven't had reason/opportunity to stay there in the past 5 years.  I will say that our first stay there in the late 90's was fantastic.  The next couple of times weren't quite as good, but still enjoyable.  The rooms seem to age without being remodeled.  Maybe they've done that now.  We've had rooms in the old and new buildings and both were great.  They used to deliver a pot of coffee at no charge to the room each morning, but not sure they continue to do that.  I do recall getting comped breakfast for myself and my wife every day, but I think I read somewhere on Insiders that that was also now in the past.  I did also appreciate the free shuttle, sometimes in the hotel bus and other times in their limo to the ball park. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

I called the hotel and they only offer $10 credit per room per day for breakfast to plainums with no other platinum benefits. Reviews have been mixed. Since ruite upgrades seem to be a thing of the past, I will look into other options for my trip where at least there is a lounge or comp breakfast..

ohmark Platinum

The Vinoy was, and is, in my opinion, one of the top five properties in the Marriott domestic system, with tennis courts, golf course, three good restaurants, and a wonderful swimming pool deck.  The property sits on Tampa Bay (great views from south facing rooms in the tower), on the northern edge of downtown St Petersburg.  Downtown St Petersburg has itself become an attraction, with two world class art museums, including Florida's largest adult tourist attraction, the Dali Museum.  There is one small beach walking distance from the Vinoy, and numerous world class beaches within 20-30 minute drives.  (Fort Desoto, Clearwater, Sand Key, St Pete).    While it's true that the platinum breakfast benefit is a $10 credit, this is better than 90% of Marriott resorts, which provide no breakfast benefit whatsoever.  And, the breakfast coupon is not the only platinum benefit as room upgrades are provided to platinum and gold members, upon availability.  I appreciate that everybody is entitled to their opinion, but mine is that the Vinoy is terrific.

Location Brand Hotel
    St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
      superchief1 Platinum

This appears to be a great property and I really look forward to visiting it some day. I am somewhat spoiled by my MVC vacations with full kitchens so we don't have to pay the echorbitant resort hotel prices for breakfast and lunch. This was mitigated when the hotels provide CL breakfast, but breakfast for 2 adults would be $50/day. My disappointment is that the Vinoy downgraded its platinum breakfast offer (when Marriott corporate implemented their brand standards policy) from 2 complimentary buffet breakfasts to a daily $10 credit.  I plan to stay here for one or two nights at some point in the future, but my family budget can't justify a longer stay when I can stay at my timeshare or Marriott properties that provide full breakfast.

tommelzoni Platinum 3 Reviews

It is a great property. Great service and you get $10 toward a breakfast if your are an elite member.Now breakfast starts at $15 but still a nice treat.

2onthego Platinum 5 Reviews

We just had our first stay here in June and really enjoyed it.  We were upgraded to a very large room with two balconies and the best bed ever!  There are several cafes and restaurants just steps away from the entrance.  They were showing a dive in movie for the kids so we skipped the pool, but it looked very nice.  Love this place!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...