24 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 1:41 PM by bud Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

LIfetime Elite status in the computer system

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My card now say Platinum Elite LIfetime.

I don't think the computer system says this yet, as I have checked into 3 different properties since receiving the card, and all have acknowledged the Platinum Elite, but none have noticed the Lifetime status.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: LIfetime Elite status in the computer system
    gllobalwizzo Platinum 2 Reviews

Hi There,

The way this was explained to me was Lifetime anything is a lower status than Platinum Elite.  You keep Platinum Elite and that is what shows up until you lose it and then the Lifetime level or current status (whichever is higher) shows up.

Until you lose the PE status, lifetime doesn't really matter.

GW

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I guess that it doesn't have an expiration date on it then GemP?  I am quite looking forward to getting mine now ... but, unless it arrives in the next 48 hours, I expect I won't see it till May!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

chrisf,

Good luck in the next 48 hours!

Just "Play the departure, and flight thru your mind", and relax.  It is so much better when you finally "Get onboard" the flight"!

Then you can concentrate on what to do upon landing.

Have a great one, and stay in touch.

Thanks Jerry.  After seeing all of the snow in the NE USA, I have been keeping a close eye on the weather here in the UK.  I am hoping that we can get away before any serious snow arrives here!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Chris,

We're all getting excited for and with you. Good Luck!

Thanks PP.  We've just had a meeting with our house-sitting lady and passed over all the necessary info ... time seems to be flying over these last few days!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Chrisf,

That is right, no expiration date!

I have been Platinum Elite Lifetime for several years now, but the card only said Platinum Elite.  This is the 1st card I have had that says Platinum Elite Lifetime.

Sounds pretty cool GemP. 

lengeiger Platinum

Just checked my status and I'm at 1,995,070 lifetime points.  That leaves me 4930 points shy, which means I'll hit lifetime Platinum this week at the Raleigh Renaissance. 

I always knew I'd amount to something someday!

LG

bud Gold

len,

You mention Raleigh and Marriott together and brings back memories! One of my Project Teams had the Register of Deeds of Raleigh as a Client from 96 until I retired in 2006. The ROD was a great client and I traveled to visit the Project Manager there a couple of times a year and, of course, to "tip the forelock"! To be more truthful, I love Raleigh and the ROD and her husband became friends. BTW, she is STILL the ROD. In the day, the closest Marriott was at Crabtree Valley, and we always stayed there. Was very nice and got to know them well. There was no Downtown Marriott then - recent addition - but that Hotel is catty-corner from the ROD's Office!! Would have been convenient. And Rennaisance was also not there. Too bad, as I really have a partiallity to Rennasaince properties.

In fact, I was at the Marriott Crabtree Valley at NC ROD Conference and in the Ballroom with a Demo System when the first WTC Tower was hit. We all spent the morning glued to TV Monitors around the Ballroom, as all effort to conduct business dissolved, and the RODs all headed for home. We eventually drove home to the DC area the next day with a Rental, as planes were not flying. What was really poignant was when I watched the Marriott WTC (previosly, the Summit Hotel) collapse about 10:30AM to the ground after the North Tower fell (1st to go). Below are photos of the Marriott WTC (on left) after it was collapsed by debris from the North Tower, and just before the South Tower, which was only about 100 feet away, fell and totally crushed it. It had a huge filled Swimming Pool and a large Fitness Center that took up the whole 22d Floor, which probably made it very top heavy and contributed to the collapse. FYI, the second photo below was the last photo taken by Bill Biggart as he was killed moments later by the South Tower's  final collapse. (Michelle, is Marriott HQ aware of these photos and the circumstances - I always wondered?)

Bill Biggart's Final Exposures - The Digital Journalist

Bill Biggart's Final Exposures - The Digital Journalist

I had stayed hundreds of nights there, ussually Monday and Tuesday nights back then, since my NYC Office was just south on Broadway by the famous Bull! Got to know the Front Desk Staff and Managers. Great Concierge Room (21st Floor with a great view over the Hudson River) folks. Since it was a very big hotel, I got upgrades routinely and scored the Presidential Suite a number of times (6 rooms, steam bath, huge Jacuizzi, Grand Piano, etc!). Fond memories. Thankfully, none of the employees I knew were killed, and as I recall, not many guests.  Incredibly, only two employees, Hosekeeping Staff, were killed. The link below says 41 Firefighters were killed there.

Marriott World Trade Center Survivors

Sorry for the long post, but 9/11 and that Raleigh Marriot stay brings back sad memories.

bud Gold

Ooops, it was the Vista Hotel prior to Marriott buying it and refurbishing it in the early 90's.

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Chris,

I feel exactly the same. Thus far I've tried to adopt a very relaxed attitude towards the new arrangement, but now I am almost waiting for the post to arrive and/or the profile to change.

Enjoy yourselves.

A

Marriott Associate Member

Hi Gem - I may have mentioned this before, but if not, pardon the omission:   the current state is that we do not have the 'real estate' to send an additional status alert via the property management systems, so Lifetime does not currently show up at the property.  Heck yea, we'd love to fix this - my beloved programmers would need to build space (so not easy) or we'd have to give up something else in favor of this info (also not easy) so it's on our To-Do list for sure.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

You have mentioned it before, Michellel.  It's not a minor fix.  That's the same problem that they had with fixing everything in programs before Jan 1, 2000.  Most early programmers knew it was coming but didn't worry about it but didn't worry about it because they didn't figure on being a programmer by then, so the field for the years only had 2 places instead of 4.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I can totally related.  I was involved in Y2K conversion projects in the late 90's just to keep things running status quo.  It's amazing, but there are still some legacy systems still running in production that were developed in the 1960's.  I actually still support one as there is still nothing affordable out there to replace it with.  The crazy thing is, the legacy (mainframe) system (almost 50 years old) still works good and is still cost effective.  The big problem is that legacy programmers are an aging, retiring bunch and there is no one in the young crop with the skill sets to take over maintenance.

I remember those Y2K days only too well Pluto.  It is interesting that much of the work that we did at that time wasn't directly related to Y2K date issues but to other 'limited field lengths' that the old language programmers had defined and were uncovered in the analysis ... similar to that which the Marriott guys have now. 

GABill Platinum

Hi Pluto,

Nice to know that some of the programs are still around. I learned assembler and machine language, for my first program in 1965. I am retired from the computer rat-race now and do not miss it at all.

The y2k date problem was originally caused by the expense of storage. There were many people that worked very hard to ensure that critical systems would not fail, and they were successful. The media wanted a major breakdown and disaster, and were very vengeful when it didn't happen.

Any way, I am happy to make your acquaintance.

Bill

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

GABill,

The pleasure is all mine.  It's true, the media sensationalized it as they still do with - everything.  Storage was expensive and at a premium, so was CPU time.  Those were the days when efficiencies were prime, and design and coding was therefore a lot more elegant (imho).  I learned assembler and of course could read hexidecimal, but didn't do much assembler coding, however it was handy for reading compiles and dumps when troubleshooting abends.

When I retire, I won't miss it either.  Not one bit.

Cheers.

bud Gold

Michelle,

At the risk of being jumped on for ragging on the wonderful and dutiful programmers <g>, something is really screwed up. All the replies say February 11, 2013 on this thread, although some are way older.And the original "Is this new Lifetime content understandable" goes to Page 18, then 14. There are about 24 pages last I looked. Wierd...

Maybe in the midst of branching the discussion??

http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/thread/12046

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Hi bud, I can help with that. You're right about the dates-that is a result of branching the conversations out into their own threads. The Lifetime requirements thread was 24 pages earlier today and decreased as I broke these conversations out.

vickisocal Platinum

Since Platinum and Lifetime Platinum get the same benefits why would a desk clerk need to see the lifetime status?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...