11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 4:02 PM by chrisf Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

MRI session in London during May

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Thanks Ark ... are you going to be able to make it to the MRI session that Jerry is organising in London during May?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: MRI session in London during May
    arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Chris,

I certainly hope so - diaries etc permitting. Will keep an eye open for proposed dates.

A

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

arkwright,

We should have a great time, I only hope we can have others join us at County Hall, along with Chris!

Marriott Associate Member

Huh?  A party?  In London?

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Indeed M - possibly in May'13.,

At the planning stage at present - and I'm sure I'm not speaking out of turn in saying that it would be entirely appropriate, and great fun, were a MR representative to be present. Perhaps it would be an opportune moment to review MR's strategic development plans for Europe? Or something along those lines

A

Marriott Associate Member

Hmmm - if there were FUN involved and it was not too intrusive to attend, perhaps one could arrange for a quick hop over the pond. And if members wanted some sort of strategic presentation, I'm sure we could come up with something that sounded good.  Just sayin'...

GABill Platinum

Hello everybody,

Sorry that I haven't been available for a couple of weeks.

1. The probabilty of the mailing sequence is by Rank, within zip code. There are major discounts when high-volume mailings are presorted by zip code.

2. Encode the rank on the screen. This is the way that Air Lines accomplish it, and they have lots of ranks and combinations, and have been doing it for many years. For example, I am ff, pm, fc, l on Delta (This translates to Frequent flier, Platinum Medallion, Flying Colonel, Lifetime). This is printed on the passenger manifest for the flight attendants; the reservations clerks, etc. It only uses 10 characters. They could also use a binary coded representation that would use less space, but would be translated for viewing.

3. Party in London? The County Hall property is a great venue. The Grosvenor Square is also great. Too bad That I won't be able to be there I have to take my grandkids to the beach.

Take care and have a great time.

Bill

Come on now Michelle ... it is scheduled to be in London ... of course it will be fun!!   We could just pop over the Thames to the Houses of Parliament ... it's supposed to house the best comedy show on the planet!!   Well, we Brits think so anyway.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Now chris......I think we have a 'comedy troupe' of our own over here based in DC (just over the Potomac!) that will rival that Parliament thing for best show on the planet........

GABill Platinum

Comedy?? or Tragedy?

It probably is the latter for us, unfortunately.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

It truly is a tragedy but, in the sense of maintaining sanity, one has to 'laugh' about how we can get so much 'stupidity' out of so many gathered in the same place!

Ooops, sorry guys ... I shouldn't have started down this road.  But when I see some of the candidates at election time, it always makes me think back to the movie Brewster's Millions when Richard Pryor encourages people to vote for 'none of the above'.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...