10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 4:00 PM by chrisf Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Just got my "regular" Silver today but I got my Lifetime Silver weeks ago

bud Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Michelle,

Just got my "regular" Silver today. Waste of effort, since I got my Lfetime Silver weeks ago. My Account Summary has said Gold (for Lifetime, obviously) for a month but have not gotten card. Seems like wasted effort on latest Silver when I have Lifetime Silver on hand, and not sending Lifetime Gold in its place. Waste of time and energy, IMO, and postage. Your Programmers are not terribly efficient in that respect!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Just got my "regular" Silver today but I got my Lifetime Silver weeks ago
    Marriott Associate Member

Hey Bud - I'm having the professionals check out your account.  Please don't dis our programmers -- they're working as hard as they can.  Blips happen.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bud Gold

LOL! OK! I'll accept that.

Thanks

Marriott Associate Member

OK Bud - you hit the trifecta!  Here's what happened to your account: " He had Rollover Nights for 16 nights at the beginning of the year and gave him Early Renewer Silver.  Then he earned 15 nights with the Bankcard processing in December, which earned him Silver Lifetime on the OLD rules in December.  Then he stayed 2 nights at a hotel to close out the year.   When we implemented NEW Lifetime rules for Renewer, he earned Gold Lifetime".  

bud Gold

Sounds complicated, but am happy with the end results. I'll await the Gold Lifetime Card. Thanks

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Hi Michelle ... I rarely bother to even get the Elite card out these days ... I can't think of the last time that a Marriott Associate asked to see my card.  Provided I book through my on-line account, they always seem to have my details to hand and generally recognise my status and, in most cases, give an upgrade.  Of course, it would be nice if I could use the word 'always' ...

The Lifetime criteria look nice and simple to me.  Great stuff!

GABill Platinum

Hi Michellel,

Thanks for defending the programmers. It is a tough job, especially when the guidelines change overnight.

I was awarded lifetime platinum status when I did not even know there was such a level. I seem to be missing out on some things that are in this thread, so I guess I will call CS and find out about them. I have been part of MR since the Marquise program was replaced by it. I don't travel much any more (retired), but I still enjoy the benefits of the program.

For you personally: I think you are doing a great job!!! Please keep it up, but also relax and smell the roses; we only come this way once.

Bill

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Hi Bill,

I was also totally unaware of the lifetime programs until a card showed up in the mail one day, so like you, am not relating to alot of the problems described in this thread!

Also, happily enjoying my Platinum Lifetime benefits!

GABill Platinum

Hi Princess,

When did you receive your LP?

I made the comment, because mine is twelve years old (at least), and yes, it just showed up one day.

Since I am retired now, and not really visiting the Business Traveler type hotels, it amuses me to see the reaction to the LP at the smaller, family-oriented properties. I have even been the first LP that they have ever seen, It does help to smooth the stay at these hotels, as they always inform the manager of my presence, and then everyone else knows also. It does have its privilidges.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...