12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 2:59 PM by GemPrincess Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Should I expect a membership card as a Lifetime Elite?

salmonbento Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have the same situation as sobesjm in that I also qualify for lifetime platinum, but the customer service rep said I should not expect the card or update to my account until I fail to qualify as platinum.  I sent you a direct message as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Should I expect a membership card as a Lifetime Elite?
    lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

So if in your lifetime, you never fail, I guess you will never recieve the card?  That's not right!  But at the same time, why do we need these cards, as the system should have it listed whenever you check in.  Is it just a status quo thing to have this card?  I have been a MR for almost 12 years, and have never used the card, nor has it been requested of me at any time when checking in.  Note:  I am not saying that you should not have the card.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

salmonbento Platinum

I agree. I don't need the card at all for reserving/checking-in purposes. I'd just like to have one to brag about in front of my coworkers since we have an internal competition going on. Plus it feels like I've actually earned something with a card, although you're right about nothing really changing.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

I have been asked to show my husband's when the desk clerk had someone previously checking in under my name.  I don't remember what all happened now.  They said the party was traveling with me and they just got the name confused when they checked in at about 2 p.m. and we were getting there about 8 pm traveling with nobody.  It was a mess, and for no need.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Same here.

Don't know where any of my cards are, but the properties usually welcome me and note that I am platinum

I always clarify for them Lifetime Platinum as that part is not recorded in the system

lengeiger Platinum

I like the new Platinum cards...so shiny and new

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...