6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 2:56 PM by alrenaissance Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Difficulty signing in

Marriott Associate Member
Currently Being Moderated

Great Monday, mikie ~ I finally heard back from our eCommerce team.  Here is their reply.  Not exactly sure what it all means, but I have a promise from our rewards team that this will stay on their radar:  Apparently this issue has been in production for many years and there hasn’t been an effort to change it from a priorities perspective.  We’ll add it to our MR Product Line backlog and prioritize it and address it with a future release. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Difficulty signing in
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

Sort of good news. We've been told this before, and by their own admission, they have known about it for years but never did anything about it.

Let's revisit this subject a year from now.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Wow. What a bunch of Techie Gobbledygook! (or Gobbledegook, apparantly both spellings are OK in Webster's - LOL!)

They really need to fix that.issue. I clean cookies, broken files, and defrag my computer DAILY, and when I tried to log into Insiders this morning, I had to go to the gray page first (it sent me there!), come back, click sign on again, and the page stayed small until it was done loading, and then I had to click again on the original post to take me back to the correct thread area. Total of 4 1/2 minutes before I could actually resond to a message in the forum here! That is totally unacceptable. It took even longer at work the other day. I have a really powerful home computer and this has to be the slowest page to load that I can think of, yet one I really like going on a couple tyimes a day, but I almost dread it, so  start loading the page on the Insiders, then go and make some coffee, hoping that it will have loaded by then.

It is almost "reassuring" that someone else is having the similar problems.  Not to revel in your misery as well there, mikiegfla, but at least I know it is not just me.

I really wish they would do something, and I am very glad you are getting on them for it!

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Actually, I find the email total devoid of any technical content. If there was any technical content, we might be able to find work arounds.

Also, I am really surprised that someone would so openly admit they were aware of a production problem causing great angst to the most  valuded customers, but don't see it as a priority?

When I was in the consulting business, if one of our technical people gave me such a non-technical answer, and then told me that an important client's problem was so un-important to them it wasn't prioritized, they would have been gone from the project, and hopefully the company as well.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I hear ya Gem. What I meant about the Tech stuff is "Currently in production...." what the heck is that referenced to? 

Usually most production problems causing customer/revenue/regulatory issues, are always handled as an immediate fix (24-48-72 jr turnaround).  If its through a maintenance contract with a vendor, they may charge you more for faster the 24 hr response.

Only enhancements get prioritized.

Michelle, If the eCommerce team provided a more detailed descriptoin of what the production problem is, we might find a way to work around it, as some of us are not experienceing that problem, while others are.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...