6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 5:23 PM by NathalieF Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

I tried to sign in 4 times from the MI posts and all it would go to was a blank screen

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Michellel,

I tried to sign in 4 times from the MI posts and all it would go to was a blank screen.  Nothing at all.  I had to open a new tab and go to the RI connect page I have in order to connect. The url included the complete Marriott http address this time.  Sometimes in the past, it hasn't.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I tried to sign in 4 times from the MI posts and all it would go to was a blank screen
    Marriott Associate Member

eb, you might have to clear your cookies...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I tried to sign in 4 times from the MI posts and all it would go to was a blank screen

Yeah.  My son usually helps me with things like that.  I don't really remember what a cookie is, BUT I do know this is the only site I have trouble with, and I use lots of different sites in my genealogy research nearly every day. 

Now, lately, when I hit "sign in" to try to answer something, I get a page that asks for my e-mail address or the rewards #.  The rewards number is shorter, so I'm glad I can remember numbers pretty well at this point in time.  (I forget more as I get older.  Just temporary, I hope.)

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

eb,

Asking for a login seems to be a new change, and consistent with what was said on the Marriott Special they have on TV.  They are gathering all the information about customer preferences, and it looks like they are starting by tracking our every query, even before we have booked, much less checked in.

It is rather annoying not to be able to look something up quickly without signing in.

The other thing they have done is tried to install client software on my machine.  Since our work machines won't allow this, I keep getting a beeping noise everytime its trying to download.

Asking for a login seems to be a new change, and consistent with what was said on the Marriott Special they have on TV.  They are gathering all the information about customer preferences, and it looks like they are starting by tracking our every query, even before we have booked, much less checked in.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not talking about having to sign in.  I'm talking about having to provide the account # or e-mail address as well as the password.  That doesn't happen all the time, but for a couple of days, all of it was being asked for as if my password was wrong each time I tried to log in.  Now, it's working the way it had been.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Thanks for the clarification. I went through the Lifetime requirements thread and branched out several side conversations. So the activity feed showed each new section as my activity ( I guess since I broke it out) even though I wasn't commenting (until now ) or changing the authors. Sorry for the confusion but that was a massive thread.

I sign in fine today.  I see that all the dates were changed to today's for all the prior posts on this string.  I guess that's why I'm getting so many from community manager where I can't see who's "actually posting".  Nobody is "actually posting" on many of them. (This one is one of the exceptions.)  So, we'll be getting a lot of notifications today that aren't actually that if they're from CM.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...