9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 3:27 PM by curiousone Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Do Marriott Reward points earned from Vacation Club ownership count towards lifetime status?

marksavel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Do Marriott Reward points earned from Vacation Club ownership count towards lifetime status?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do Marriott Reward points earned from Vacation Club ownership count towards lifetime status?
    painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

mark,

I'll bet tef6178 knows this answer. I seem to remember something about two different points structures with the Clubs.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do Marriott Reward points earned from Vacation Club ownership count towards lifetime status?
    tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

IF you are talking about MEMBERSHIP REWARDS points you receive for purchasing a MVCI then yes. But NOT the Destination Club points that you use to book your MVCI vacation that just came about last year. Lifetime status is all about MEMBERSHIP REWARDS POINTS.

doctorc$ Gold

If I inherited a MVC property through a bequest, and get my name on the deed with my siblings names, who can earn Marriott Membership Reward Points? Can only one of the beneficiaries receive points, or can points be shared/split evenly among all the beneficiaries? Are we (the beneficiaries) eligible to receive Membership Reward Points if we didn't acquire the MVC through an approved broker, but the bequeather did?

Must I speak to a broker to learn which Marriott Vacation Club properties qualify for annual transfer to Membership Reward Points, or can I determine that on my own?

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

If you have MVCI ownership that was bought from Marriott or an authorized broker and have the property interest deeded to you, there is an option to trade the week for Marriott Rewards points. Even if you have 'enrolled' the week in the Destinations Points program there is still an option to trade for Marriott Rewards points. The trade for points can only be done every othere year per location.You would have been given a 'trade value' in points when you purchased if you are eligible for trading.Those points DO count towards lifetime status. Any point you get that is called a 'Marriott Rewards' point will count towards lifetime status.

Here is the statement on the MVCI owners page:

Marriott Rewards

The Marriott Rewards program enables you to earn Marriott Rewards points toward hotel stays, airline transportation, cruises and much, much more. You can earn Marriott Rewards points by staying at participating Marriott hotels and resorts worldwide and by trading your timeshare ownership week for Marriott Rewards points, if eligible. You also receive special members-only offers and discounts. To learn more about membership benefits or to check your Marriott Rewards points balance, visit MarriottRewards.com.

Who’s Eligible to Trade?

You’re eligible to trade your timeshare ownership for Marriott Rewards points when:

• You purchased your week directly from Marriott Vacation Club or from an approved broker, or if you have enrolled in the Marriott Vacation Club Destinations exchange program. 
    • Your name is listed on the deed of your vacation interest. 
    • All of your Marriott Vacation Club accounts are current and you have no outstanding maintenance fees or loan payments due. 
    • Your home resort’s policy permits it. Most resorts allow you to trade for Marriott Rewards points every other year; some allow you to trade each year.

If you purchased your timeshare ownership week through a resale with a private party, you cannot trade it for Marriott Rewards points, but you can still earn Marriott Rewards points in other ways.

Hope this helps.

doctorc$ Gold

If I inherited a MVC property through a bequest, and get my name on the deed with my siblings names, who can earn Marriott Membership Reward Points? Can only one of the beneficiaries receive points, or can points be shared/split evenly among all the beneficiaries? Are we (the beneficiaries) eligible to receive Membership Reward Points if we didn't acquire the MVC through an approved broker, but the bequeather did?

Must I speak to a broker to learn which Marriott Vacation Club properties qualify for annual transfer to Membership Reward Points, or can I determine that on my own?

doctorc$ Gold

doctorc$ Gold

curiousone Platinum

tef:

Some properties can be traded for MR points every year. My Canyon Villas are every other year, while my Newport Coast can be traded every year. I definitely prefer the every year option.

doctorc$ Gold

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...