14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 2:48 PM by gllobalwizzo Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

"consequences" of the Lifetime adjustments to the program

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

blava007

not sure where you are going with your questions.  The "consequences" of the adjustments to the program will only be known years from now.  Any guesses at this point are simply that, guesses.  I am wondering what YOUR specific concerns are.  Maybe if you spelled them out, we could have further discussion on the merits of your concerns.  There is always room for discussion.....

shoeman

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: "consequences" of the adjustments to the program
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Sorry to disagree with you, showman.  However, the consequences will be felt immediately as new LTs are aware of their new status. 

Don't get an upgrade now?  Forget about them completely with all the new LTs!

I haven't received an upgrade since the points Redemption change and 'no blackout nights' debacle back in 2009 (2008?)!!!!!!  I've hated the program ever since. And don't even get me started again on the no blackout dates lie.  Keep getting screwed every year, if not by point redemption increase then by hotel class reclassification!

All Marriott does is take away from loyal customers.

And, now, apparently, is wildly rewarding their new customers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

NewHilton

I do not know why, but 2012 has been a very good year for me in regards to Upgrades.  I have been upgraded more times this year than the last 5 combined.  I really think it is hit-and-miss and this year I got a lot of Hits.  I would prefer that we each had a specific number of upgrades guaranteed each year and take the drama out of the equation.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm with you, Shoe. Unscientifically, I'm being offered the upgrade 80%-90% of the time. The front desk folks have been very good at upping their game in 2012. I have a standing request for extra towels and pillows. I'm running somewhere near 50% on those requests.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

With the easing up of requirements to attain Platinum, it is my opinion that you will see a deterioration in getting suite upgrades...I hope I am wrong!!! And I would expect getting requested extra towels and pillows should be close to 100%. Interesting that you are more successful getting suite upgrades than extra towels and pillows...I think I would take the upgrade to suites over pillows and towels 100% of the time..If I would run a poll on that I would guess we would get the upgrade to a suite 99+% of the time!!!

Just for clarification,  all the upgrade offers were not suites. Some of the hotels didn't have suites, so they offered views, size, fireplaces, etc.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

What estimated percent of the time do you get an upgrade to a suite???

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

Just to stir up trouble suite upgrades are not part of MR except in Asia. Its the next category-which can simply be view. Honestly, status to me is best for breakfast/lounge access, bonus points. Upgrades are nice-I only ask when traveling with my wife. I feel I have a finite number of upgrades due to upgrade karma. I don't really need them traveling alone.

absolutelegend1 Platinum 2 Reviews

"Honestly, status to me is best for breakfast/lounge access, bonus points. Upgrades are nice-I only ask when traveling with my wife. I feel I have a finite number of upgrades due to upgrade karma. I don't really need them traveling alone."

Couldn't agree more tker.

gllobalwizzo Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm totally in line with this.  On the few trips my wife goes along, the suite upgrades are really appreciated.  Thanks to the JW Marriott Dubai for many years of upgrades.  Stateside, you just never know.

GW

I do a lot of FFIs...on most of those stays, if they have suites, they bump me up. I stayed 18 nights at FS Marriotts this yr. All but 3 nights was upgraded to a suite. Courtyards, not sure on hard numbers, but I'm guessing they were close to 33% suite and 20 %  other.  Of all the chains, Marriott and Fairfield came through close to 100%,  Renaissance (small amount of stays) 50% and CYs 50%.  The all Suites places, Springhill, Residence Inn, and TownePlace  upgraded regularly, but I already had a suite.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I was going to reply direct to Pained on this, but if he is upgraded at checkin, its POSSIBLE that the other items on his list-extra towels or pillows-are not in the room he is upgraded to. They might need to be requested. If you are upgraded in advance, I would submit they should be there-except if the upgrade means you get a different floor selection. (Low floor vs high preferred floor).

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Good point tker,  The first room may have had the extra stuff already to go until the upgrade at the front desk.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

I only did the special request for towels and pillows once, and it did not get satisfied.  I did not get upgraded at check-in, so I guess they just plain forgot to honor my pre-arrival request.  No big deal!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...