8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2015 11:30 PM by flynhokie RSS

Marriotts along a travel route?

seattlebb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a way to search for Marriotts along a travel route?  I thought this used to be an option on the Marriott site, but I can no longer find it.  For example, we are driving from Seattle to Palm Springs.  It would be great to see what Marriotts are available along the way.  We will be doing more of this type of travel...driving instead of flying...so it would be great to be able to plot our Marriott stays along the way.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriotts along a travel route?
    canadaeh Platinum

I used to really like this option since we often drive along a route. Marriott gave up this option over a year ago. I've complained many times to different CSR's and many of them have agreed with me. Tremendous loss for all of us Marriott loyalty members who loved this option. Marriott should rethink this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

would be helpful for Marriott reservation agents as well.

When I was driving back from BWI on the bleeding edge of Irene, I had wanted to stop as the weather was getting progressively worse, so I called Marriott Reservations but they were unable to find anything.  I wasn't always aware of where I was at, and was reading off the names on exit signs.  To the agents credit she stayed on the phone with me till I gave up, but we never found a property with available rooms either. 

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Whenever I do a longer road trip, I tend to search for Marriott properties by state. Since it also maps them, I can see where they are.  Of course, not quite the same as plugging in your route and having all hotels shown along the way.  That was one of the best features they had on their website.

seattlebb Platinum

Looking back  at older posts, I see that this feature disappeared about a year ago and there was discussion about bringing it back.  Community manager..any progress on this?

travelboy Platinum

I too would like to see this make a come back. I'm planning a route 66 trip from Chicago to LA. Just thought it would be nice.

jake46 Platinum

This was a great feature, that only Marriott had. It was eliminated in a web page update more than a 2 years ago.     Newer is not always better. Many have asked why? There was at one time a comment that it might be added again, but nothing has happened. Can anyone provide update?

erc Platinum

Here's The specified item was not found.'s answer from earlier this month (here's another thread - over two years old, recently resurrected)

What happened to the "along a route" search feature?

josh's researched answer

From what we've found, It seems that, overall, the 'Along A Route' feature wasn't heavily used and, over time, a decision was made to remove it.

We were also informed that the feature is currently being evaluated, but the timing on the processes involved in assessing the re-introduction of this feature remain undetermined. The mobile app does allow those traveling be car to search for nearby hotels, but for those that love to pre-plan (as most of you do ) it isn't nearly as helpful.

Seeing that members of this community did/DO place value in it, as well as used it, speaks to the helpful nature of it. I'm happy to push the enthusiasm for this feature to the team and demonstrate the kind of support it has from the forum here at Insiders.

So for the time being, the 'along the travel route' feature appears to lie in the Marriott graveyard with the BOGOs, the E-195 gift cheques, and the Platinum Welcome Amenity.

flynhokie Platinum

Has there been any update to this?  I posted a new question, since I haven't seen a resolution yet.  I'm hoping to find hotels w/in a 4 hr section of my 10 hr drive Friday.  My stop location will depend on how my drive is going, how the kids are holding up, and how tired my wife & I are of the drive.  Want to make it as far as possible the first day of the trip, but I want to know my options for hotels along my route.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...