1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 12:50 PM by mikiegfla RSS

Help with occupancy restrictions in Italy !!!

cadave1969 Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

IMy wife, son (10), and I are getting ready for a 12 day trip to Italy. I'd like to use some of my points for rooms while we are there. Unfortunately, anytime I say 3 people are going to be in the room, all of the hotels say they have no rooms available. If I say only 2 people, there is tons of availability. If I go ahead and reserve for only 2 people, is there going to be a problem when there are 3 of us? I've heard that the main reason they do this is to restrict 3 adults from staying in these smaller rooms, but I don't want to take the chances. Obviously, we can't give our son his own room, and my wife and I want to be able to stay in the same room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Naples, Italy Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Naples Hotel Mediterraneo
Rome, Italy Marriott Hotels & Resorts Rome Marriott Grand Hotel Flora
Rome, Italy Autograph Collection Boscolo Palace Roma, Autograph Collection
Venice, Italy Autograph Collection Protea Hotel Knysna Quays
  • Re: Help with occupancy restrictions in Italy !!!
    mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

There is something to this as I ran into the same problem in 2010. The only place where I was able to get a larger room for 3 was at the Paris Marriott CE, but I had to pay an upcharge to get it. All of the other hotels we stayed at during that trip really didn't have room for a third person and I ultimately had to use points for a second room.

We American's truly are spoiled.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...