1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 10:18 AM by NathalieF RSS

Website navigation

av Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Hi!

In general, I like marriott website, it is responsive, has good navigation, it respects "back" button.

There are only few things that I think should be resolved:

1. When my session expires and I am forwarded to login page, please, bring me back to my target page:

example 1:

I have an opened window with my marriott activity information on it. I click "My account", "upcoming reservation", "vew all upcoming reservation". 3 Clicks.

My session is expired, so I am forwarded to the login page. I submit my password and now I am forwarded to .... main page.

I need to do my 3 clicks again.

example 2:

I am on insiders blog page. But my session is expired, so I am welcomed as a guest.

Ok, I enter my password and I am forwarded to ... marriott main page! it is not even insiders main page!

I press "back" 2 times. Now I am back to insiders blog page. I press F5 to refresh a page. I think that now website will find my reestablished session.

No! It is the same page and I am still a guest. I press login again and voilà! I am in.

Total: 3 Clicks (excluding F5)

2. Please, save my search parameters for a longer time

When I plan my vacation, I don't just search for a hotel and press a "book" button. I check rates, try different properties, then go to check airline prices, go back, reestablish my session, reenter search parameters and so on and so on.

I am Ok to reconnect, I don't want to reenter my search parameters. It changes the process from fun to tedious job.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Website navigation
    NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate
    Currently Being Moderated

Greetings av and thanks for your interest in the community and for outlining those troublesome scenarios you've encountered. As you've noted, it's not just the Insiders community that's impacted. But, californian and many others have also brought this to our attention so we're tracking that fix at A quick update on a few recent online performance issues, where' we'll let you know when there's some progress.

This won't solve the sign out problem in itself, but you could also sign in directly at www.marriottrewardsinsiders.com.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...