3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 7:40 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Superstition Mountain, Arizona

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

You may have heard of the "Lost Dutchman's Mine", it has been featured on a lot of tv show.  What a wonderful place to see the museum and enjoy a visit.

The "Movie and TV" history here is fantastic.  I always enjoyed "Elvis, The Rifleman, and many Westerns, and this is a place many of them were made"!

This is an low cost day, and about a half hour East of Phoenix.

IMG_3001.JPG

The museum is great, and at $5 pp is a great value!

IMG_3002.jpg

The "Elvis Chapel", featured in his movie "Charro", were he did not sing, the only movie he did not sing.

IMG_3016.JPG

The "King" in his chapel!

IMG_3019.JPG

Superstition Mountain, do you want to try to find "The Lost Dutchman's Mine"?

Go for it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
  • Re: Superstition Mountain, Arizona
    chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Looks an interesting location ... but, unfortunately for this trip "the pattern's full" ... (OK, so I've just been watching Top Gun again)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chris,

Yes, I see by your schedule you will be going to Santa Fe from Sedona.

Superstition Mountain is out of the way this trip, but when you make it back, you will enjoy this area as well!

Here are some additional pictures of "Superstition Mountain and The Museum'!

There is a $5 charge to go thru the museum, but it is well worth it!

IMG_3007.JPG

Boot Hill is most interesting, note the sign to stay on the path, and avoid snakes!

IMG_3013.JPG

Exhibits are interesting!

IMG_3014.jpg

The Movie and TV history here is amazing!

IMG_3018.jpg

Gallows that have been used in many Western's!

Enjoy the location!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...