31 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 9:01 AM by Sledchick RSS

Favorite Marriott Rooms?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We all have a favorite, memorable room that we would love to go back to! 

It's all personal, based upon price, location, or whatever?

I would enjoy sharing with you mine,  room 1222, RI, Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Az.  A two bedroom suite (About $200 per night), that is so quiet, free parking, full kitchen, three tv's, two baths. It's just a wonderful place to base my stay's in the Scottsdale area.  Here are some photo's"

IMG_3038.JPG

One BR

IMG_3039.JPG

The living room, a joy!

IMG_3042.JPG

The second bedroom!

The staff at this property is wonderful, both "Win, from Burma" and Anne Marie are great. I have booked nest years trip here in January/cot

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort & Spa
San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: Favorite Marriott Rooms?
    eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

That looks almost exactly like the suite we've been in which we've been living in Montgomery, AL for the last 1 1/2 years.  They were remodeled at that time and we moved from another suite that hadn't been done yet.  The only difference is that our curtains are gold instead of the reddish color.  Stainless steel appliances, too, but the refrigerator door opens into the wall so the left veggie bin won't pull out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147,

Good to know!

I try to keep a log of room numbers as well as table numbers at desired places to dine.  It is wonderful to request them when making reservations.

Location Brand Hotel
      Scottsdale, Arizona, USA Residence Inn By Marriott Residence Inn Scottsdale Paradise Valley
        Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

jerrycoin-

I never thought of keeping track of room and table numbers; what a great idea!  Thank you for this most helpful hint.

-Sledchick

sledchick,

There is nothing like going to a choice property and knowing the room you will get!  Especially, when you have stayed in that room before and enjoyed it!

Some of us take pictures of the rooms and numbers.  (Wow I know I sound "Weird", but it works for that special trip).

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Jerry, as you may recall, we rarely photograph the inside of the rooms that we are given.  However, we did take a few shots of the one that we had at the JW on Penn in DC.  We have had the same room (suite) twice now and, despite being a bit of an odd shape, we find it to be an excellent room.  No, I have no idea as to what number it is.  It has a nice sitting area which is sectioned off from the bed area and a huge bathroom.  The view from the large windows is across to the Washington Monument.  I know that there have been a few critical reviews of the hotel from some MRIs, but I guess that we have been lucky there ... great service and always an upgrade.

DSC00230_edited-1.jpg

DSC00231_edited-1.jpg

Chrisf,

Thanks for sharing, have never stayed at this property, but it sure looks like a comfortable room!

Take care, your journey will begin soon!

I love that the missus is relaxing at the desk in the photo!  It looks like a lovely spot.

Unfortunately, she wasn't relaxing ... she wanted to go out and I asked her to sit there so that we could get a bit of perspective on the length of the room ... .  However, we had a great evening at Blue's Alley in Georgetown, so all was well in the end.

chrisf,

I just hope they come thru for us with that wonderful room in London!

That was a wonderful time for all of us!  They sound like they will, especially if we get a nice "Group of MRI" together!

IMG_2238.JPG

What a room, with The Thames, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey view from the room.  Can't wait till May!

I think that you have such good relationships there Jerry, that they are bound to do you proud.

chrisf,

Hope you are right!

Have not let them know that they will be a factor in a wonderful "Marriott Event" in May.

You must be "Counting down the hours" till you leave on "The Big One"!

Good luck, and stay in touch.

See you in the "States"!

Only 43 hours to go Jerry.  We've just been updating the kids on 'things to do' whilst we're away. 

It looks like being quite an eventful year for us ... our 40th Wedding Anniversary later this year ... and our eldest son is planning his wedding for late summer.  It could be an expensive year ...

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

chris,

So exciting to be so close to your big trip now.  Sounds like the rest of the year will be expensive yes, but think of all the MI points you'll rack up (hopefully).  Anyway, have fun on the trip and we'll be following whenever we get an update!

Would love to have anyone describe their "Favorite" Marriott room!

I really think back on some of "SS's comments about the experience he had at The original Marriott in WDC".  Stayed there myself, and it was really a unique experience.  Thanks for sharing Roger!

I wish I could remember the room number, but we had an incredible weekend stay at the Marriott Fairway Villas Congressional Building in Absecon, New Jersey.  I liked it so much I told my husband that I wanted to live there!  The villa was spacious, the views relaxing, and it was warm enough to practice on the putting green that morning in March.  We were on the second floor so there was a walk-out porch that we spent a lot of time on.  The master suite had an incredible soaking tub and the columns in the room made me feel like an Egyptian princess.  We attended a college sporting event at the Atlantic City Convention Center but I did not want to stay in AC itself as at the time my son was only 8 years old.  That was a great idea as the playground was fun, the indoor pool very nice, and they have a Red Door Spa on the property.  If I could choose one word to describe my experience, it would be, "Aaaahhhhhh."  I have made a reservation to go back this March!

JayKay Platinum

It's been awhile, but I had this great room at the Eden Roc in Miami Beach. If I remember right, you came in, had a hallway of a few steps, and then you had two steps down into the bedroom...and it was on the ocean.

Great old grand hotel.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Deluxe Ocean View Room at the JW Marriott Ihilani in Ko Olina.  MASSIVE rooms that are very peaceful... perfect place to just kick back and relax...

335471_2798839931719_1543565005_o.jpg335302_2798846251877_1345444229_o.jpg333294_2798840651737_1428061874_o.jpg339261_2798841531759_172285387_o.jpg325570_2798842571785_1000103921_o.jpg338372_2798842411781_1753451854_o.jpg290727_2798842731789_893162137_o.jpg330967_2798843931819_152993649_o.jpg341274_2798846011871_115404665_o.jpg

Need I say more??

Location Brand Hotel
    Kapolei, Hawaii, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Ihilani Ko Olina Resort & Spa

Nice!  (What more can one say!?!)

Thanks Chris! 

KH,

What beauty!

This is such a "Fascinating" discussion! 

It's so great to think you could "Request" a certain room for one of your trips!

It may be a real opportunity for the future!

Jerry,

Thank you!  Yes, this discussion is a really good idea!  Too bad I don't remember our room number XD.  If I can find my folio print out I'll let you know! 

kh.

We will all be better in the future!

What a difference a certain room makes

Very true Jerry!

KH,

Do you think a post, with pictures of "The Greatest Marriott" rooms you have ever been to, would be interesting?

I have one nominee, The Marriott "Presidential Suite" at The Marina in San Diego!  I was upgraded for no reason, but it was a wonderful experience!

P1010167.JPG

This room had two stories!

P1010168.JPG

A wonderful room, that I almost forgot!  The staff was wonderful, and the location was spectacular as well!

Location Brand Hotel
              San Diego, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina

Jerry,

That is an excellent idea!  That would be very interesting indeed!  Boy, I need to add experiences to my repertoire... and quick!!  

Presidential Suite upgrade?!  That's amazing!!  I'm hoping (but convinced it won't happen) that we'll get upgraded to at least a standard suite for our wedding at the JW Marriott Ihilani!  Platinum + large event + return customer... Please?   

kh,

Just make sure you let them know about your special occasion.  For something that special, you should consider going out there and meeting the Concierge and/or the Guest Relations Manager.

I think you will "Get your wish"!

kharada46- Best wishes on your upcoming nuptuals.  May I be so bold as to ask when the big day is?  -Sledchick

KH,

Please do!

Am keeping a log of the "Best Rooms", when visiting certain cities!

I find the staff enjoys "Blocking rooms, as much as I do blocking them"!

nanaglo45 Gold 3 Reviews

We just had a lovely time in room 2510 (corner suite with great views of the Space Needle and Puget Sound) at the RENAISSANCE in downtown SEATTLE. Five nights rewards stay ended on Feb 2nd. Concierge lounge is nice with vistas toward the east and the mountains (when it's clear...). Good breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres

selections. Excellent staff throughout the hotel.

Location Brand Hotel
    Seattle, Washington, USA

nanaglo45,

Have notated room 2510 for my next trip to Seattle.

Thanks for the update and information!

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

I have to go with our Villa week at Marriott's Phuket Beach Club. Why? It means I am in Phuket.

OT: My favorite lounge is at the JW in Bangkok. WOW. Just WOW. Offerings and service are above reproach.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...