11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 8:14 AM by johnl RSS

Platinum Lifetime status

timber.tim Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just got my Rewards Account Summary and it says: "Tim, Welcome to Platinum Lifetime status". What are the criteria for "Lifetime Status"?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Lifetime status
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Timber.Tim,

Here are the current lifetime requirements for Silver, Gold, and Platinum:

Lifetime Milestones

• Platinum Elite: 750 nights + 2 million points

• Gold Elite: 500 nights + 1.6 million points

• Silver Elite: 250 nights + 1.2 million points

Is this new Lifetime content understandable?

Congratulations!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

timber.tim Platinum

Thank you! That explains everything!

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Congratulations Timber!

Thank you vaboywndr for providing him that information.

Thanks,

JohnL

timber.tim Platinum

Thanks again. I guess the only gray area is; Platinum Elite: 750 nights + 2 million points....is it either or both? I do not have 2 million point but i do have over 900+ nights!

Hi Timber,

It requires both criteria to be met.  I hope you have a wonderful time staying in Marriott's while working to get to the 2 million points!

Thanks,

JohnL

timber.tim Platinum

Sorry for yet another question; Do i need 2 million in the account of accumulated? I have 300K in my account but 900+ Night and my status says I am lifetime. Just curious!  Thanks!

Hi Timber,

No problem.  You would need to have 2 million cumulative (current balance + previously redeemed).  So if you currently have a balance of 300,000, and you've spent 375,000 on redemptions in the past, your cumulative total would be 675,000.

Thanks,

JohnL

kross Platinum

Quick question

Where can I find my cumulative total of points earned?  I have 1150 stays but I'm not sure of the points part of the requirments

Thanks

Keith

marcppelletier Platinum 1 Reviews

i have also been trying to find for some time without success. Does anybody know? Why does marriott not post in our "activity" page?

Hi marcppelletier,

Please contact Marriott Rewards customer service either via phone or email to get your lifetime point total.

I agree that it would be nice to have the lifetime point total on the website, and I will suggest it.  The only two reasons I can think of that would prevent it from happening (and are perhaps the reasons why it's not in place already) are:

1) System availability - I know that the MR agents currently have to manually add the current balance and redeemed together.

2) I would be concerned that the display of lifetime points would be mistaken for current balance.

Thanks,

JohnL

Hi kross,

You would need to contact Marriott Guest Services either via phone or email to find out your lifetime point total.

Thanks,

JohnL