5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 12:51 PM by GemPrincess RSS

Missing Rewards points

JayKay Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just completed a three week stay in London, and almost two weeks later, my points have still not posted. The hotel sent them along to Marriott Rewards. I sent an email with the receipts attached and got a form letter response, noting that they'd get on it one of these days. (It didn't literally say that, but you know what I mean.) Anybody have any suggestions for moving this process along? It's maddening.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: Missing Rewards points
    platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

I fully understand your frustration, it happens to me a lot. I have asked before, but in the age where everything is computerised, why doesn''t the Marriott reservation system automatically post our points after checkout? My flights with British Airways manage to do it so why can't a company like Marriott? I've just posted on here about my last 3 stays where my Platinum arrival 500 points have not posted, and thats from 3 different Marriott hotels. Can you imagine the time and trouble it must take for the Marriott rewards to be constantly amending and adding points to our account just because someone in the hotel has not posted them. I really cant believe that a person sits and manually does this at each property? I dont have the time to send emails or faxes on a regular basis to M. rewards to get points which should have been credited in the first place, its an appalling system that urgently needs changing for the benefit of its members and its staff who could be doing better things than this.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

richard37075 Platinum

I would agree that it is a lot of work for the Marriott Rewards desk to constantly have to add points, but I think sometimes companies deliberately don't give you what they are supposed 100% of the times betting that not everyone will call and get it worked out.  Kind of like rebates on items, they know that only about 1/2 of the people buy will actually submit their rebate.

I would say though, if you start with Marriott Rewards and they don't get it worked out in a timely fashion, call back and ask to speak to a supervisor and explain that you have been more than patient and request that they post the points immediately.  This has always worked in times of a long and drawn out point question for me in the past.

JayKay Platinum

Thanks for the advice. I have to say that I've found for the most part, points are posted in a timely manner. This one is a definite outlier.

If I don't hear by the end of the week, I'm going to make myself very, very annoying.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Jay:

I haven't had any recent issues with points being credited. To me, the process seemed to improve after they started posting my 'paid' bill from a stay in my activities page. I see the points post when that folio appears. Do you have in your profile the request to have all bills e-mailed to your address on file? The points posting process seems to coincide with that e-mail I get.

You can still get a paper bill even though you are having the bill e-mailed.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

Most of my Marriott Points are posted in a very timely manner.

The only time I  had a delay was when I used a Marriott Extended Stay Property which is handled very differently than any of the other brands.

These were not credited to my account until after a month was closed out in the system.

I also got far less points for these stays.

Some other differences

1) Housekeeping was weekly instead of daily, and I had to dispose of trash if I wanted this done more frequently.

2) I could not receive packages or mail and had to get a PO box

3) No front desk staff, as the Extended Stay was actually in a regular apartment complex.  I did have use of all the complex facilities, which had a very nice gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, and bus to the local train station.

4) No Room Service.  Had to scout out my own restaurants and collect carry out menus.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...