17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 12:50 PM by kharada46 Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

Where did you see about AA luggage tags online?

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Kyle. Where did you see about AA luggage tags online?

IHG group (interncontinental, etc.) made some really nice ones a few years back which had a metal frame. They sent me 2 of them when I made "Ambassador" level with them, which since I have been Marriott loyal, I am not sure if that level still exists. It was one level above platinum (for Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, etc.).

Do you have Holiday Inn or Intercontinental hotels in Hawaii?

How was your weekend?

-Al

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Where did you see about AA luggage tags online?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Hi Al,

Weekend has been alright... today was excellent beach weather, but I have a head cold, so no beach for me... haha.  How has your weekend been? 

AA's new luggage tags can be seen here:  Cover Photos | Facebook It's the second picture from the left on the top row.  Pretty slick looking in my opinion!  Still miss the scissor eagle though...

Anyhow, we do have a Holiday Inn in Waikiki!  It's the Holiday Inn Beachcomber, located right across the street from the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center.  This hotel is home of Jimmy Buffett's Beachcomber restaurant.  Not a beach location, but it is a lot closer to the action than the Waikiki Beach Marriott. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Got Ya my friend. I have the AA app on my Android phone, and about a week ago it did an upgrade on that app and gave the new eagle look. So I figured that it was the new look all-around. Change is hard, especially on logos which have been around for a long, long time. We are all a little sentimental sometimes, eh?

My weekend was pretty slow. Unusually nasty, snowy and cold for this time of year where I live. Record lows and highs. Very strange stuff going on with the weather. I can wear shorts in the day, and by midnight it is literally zero. I do not know what is going on. Also, because of the quick pressure and temperature drops, it really gets the wind going nuts. Can't figure this all out.

How is the beachcomber hotel restraunt?  That would be really cool!

Last year I hit a bunch of Jimmy Buffet stuff down in the Florida keys on one of my trips. Have you ever been to Florida?. Alot of fun!

Hope you guys are alright. Saving of some pieces of silver for the wedding, or are you still splurging a bit since Valentines day is right around the corner here. I know it is hard to decide what is best. I have been through this. Since we have been putting a lot of money into our house in the last month we are just going to have a nice dinner. No fancy jewelry this year. Nice, since precious metal prices just go up and up!!

Chat with ya soon. Californian should have some Antarctica news soon! Pretty exciting. I can't wait to hear!

-Al

Oh yeah. Before I forget. Jerrycoin was telling you in one of the threads about the McDonald's near the Lourve in Paris. I have been to that one. It was a little unusual, in that they did not have the traditional "world famous" Mcdonald's french fries which most people (at least I do) hold "sacred" above anything else at McDonalds. (LOL!)

Instead they had some sort of thick french frie which just did not cut it.

I am sure it has something to do with the "French" getting weird about the "French" in French frie, and are probably mad that somebody has something so good originated in America, so twisted it up a bit. They are like that a lot over there. You will see what I mean about the snobbery to Americans. We will have to have a talk about that when we both have some more time in the near future. Although I had mostly good experiences, I did have a few funny experiences I will have to share with you soon. Also stories fellow travelers have told me during the several trips I have had there. That country is unique in some aspects. Mostly good, but some things really crack me up!

Sorry Kyle. One more thing. I noticed your spelling has gotten better overall since you and I took note a couple weeks ago! LOL!!!

I have been making a real concientious effort myself!  LOL! Now I do not feel as illiterate!  (although I still find myself making some, just not as bad!)

Keep up the good work! 

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I know... the new design has had to grow on me, and I actually kind of like the new "flight eagle," though it's hard to tell that it's an eagle if you weren't told.  I do also kind of like the new livery, except for the tail... My opinion, the tail cheapens the look.  It's too loud for my liking.  But, we'll see... I may warm to it down the line...  I am looking forward to experiencing their new premium soft products though!  I would have loved to fly DFW-LHR and then connect on to CDG on the new 77W, but the BA flight connecting from LHR-CDG has an insane $300+ in surcharges & taxes!  I'll just to have to save up miles to do a trip to LHR one day on AA  

I'm sorry to hear about your weather... Our weather has been pretty crazy and COLD by Hawaii standards too, but nothing like your's!  And by cold, I mean 60's... haha!  When the temperature drops below 70, local people tend to break out the warm clothes and extra blanket at night! 

You know, I've never been to Jimmy Buffett's here, but I know some people that do like it!  Never been to Florida, but I do want to pay a visit one day!  Walt Disney World, Kennedy Space Center, etc. 

Oh man, the wedding stuff is coming along but is so expensive!  So we've really cut back spending.  We decided to not do anything for Valentine's Day this year to save for the wedding and the honeymoon.  We even decided to stop trading Christmas gifts!  I may still order chocolate covered strawberries from the Honolulu Chocolate Company though... They only make it for Valentine's Day and they are SOOO GOOD!  That's something we gotta do too... save for a place to live!  Not quite sure if we'll stay here or if we'll move to the mainland... we shall see!  Housing prices here are ridiculous! 

And yes!  I've been taking note of my spelling more now, but I do have to work on watching my grammar!  LOL  Oh well, one step at a time I suppose. 

Cant' wait to see Californian's Antarctic photos too though!  That's definitely on my bucket list! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...