Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 12:05 PM by alrenaissance Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Email notifications to an AOL address

californian Platinum 37 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This one too!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Email notifications to an AOL address
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

How about this one (2nd I just sent!) BAMM!!!!

It is still 3:30 pm est!!!

BAMMMM!!!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Did not get either of these latest.  It is just hit and miss.  You don't realize what you have till it is gone.  It is nice when they come.

Cali,

Well that is not good. I have seen a lot (too many) compatibility issues going on these days. Ridiculuos. I do not think it is any one things fault. So you kind of have it narrowed down to AOL, huh? I have never been much of an AOL fan, but that is my problem and should not be yours. I also do not like hotmail (at all), yahoo, chrome as a browser (only because it has compatibilty issues with 70% of the things I do, especially business apps. Gmail is now my preferred, but it hates windows xp nd 7 too I think, and the list goes on and on. Best all around for me is gmail.

How about maybe doing what I do may help you a bit?

remember, I am always right! (Now that comment in itself is wrong!). But what I do is have everything forwarded to one email account. Essentially I have about 50 different email accounts for various purposes. Some I rarely use. Whenever possible, and there is no "compatability" problem, I have whatever message sent to me archived when it comes in at the home email page, sent to my gmail account, were a label is placed on it so that I know where it is coming from. That way, I know where it came from, and can do what I want with it here. If I delete it, there is always a permanant copy archived back at the home email page where it came from. Sounds like a pain, but actually it is not too bad after you have set up one or two.

Other then something like that, I feel bad for you. I do not know if you can forward gmail (which seems to work well on the Insider's site here) to AOL, as I really know nothing about AOL except I did not like the looks of it format wise when I first was exploring possible emails.

A lot of things have changed though, some for the better and some for the worse. Just like in the travel business! Ha!

The ramifications of entirely moving an email account as a primary to another, for me, would be, shall we say, pretty much impossible. WAY too much work.

What do you think you are going to do? Keep on hanging there? Hope they gety it fixed? Are you going to set yourself a final date where you say "Now I am going to make another email address to accomodate Insiders? This has to stink for you.

Perhaps I will look into seeing what emails will forward into AOL to make t easier. I am going out to dinner now, but can look into it when I get back if you would like, Also, I will get an exact procedure for you to do it. If you would like. I do not know what else to think you can do.

I will talk to you in a little bit!

-Al;

Al,

You are really a nice guy and I appreciate your concern and help.  I already thought about doing what you suggest.  I have never been an AOL fan but they acquired the e-mail that I had and I was stuck.  The problem with Gmail is I have had several accounts since AT&T uses them to transfer contact lists between phones.  Several phones later, I have several accounts but have no idea what the passwords are since I entered them on my phone and probably miss typed.  Now all the user names that I would like are gone and I really hate having one with numbers since I find them hard to remember.  At this time, I just got home from Maui and need to get ready to leave for Antarctica (I can hear you chuckle)  on Friday.  When I return 15 days later, without alerts, I probably will not be able to find all posts that I missed without alerts to guide me.

You are making me blush Cali! See, I never get to use the "blush" face! Ha!

Anyway, let me know what you intend on doing. I personally think you should do something before Friday so that you catch the comments we all will make while you are gone. You are really going to Antarctica?  That is too wild. I did not catch earlier about exactly how you are doing that. Can you give me a real brief outline of how that works? Is it like you fly right to South America, then further south, then a ship, or what?

What airlines?  I know absolutely nothing about something like this, but I would at least like to know the basics so that I can attempt to undersand exactly what you are going through.

Speaking of going through. If there is something that I can do to help you with alternate email setup, please just let me know. You may not get the best chouce of usernames for gmail based on popularity, but I am confident you are creative enough to come up with something workable.  I know that gmail has a strength indicator with passwords, must be at least 8 charecters, and is preffrably alphanumeric, but not necessarily so.

Just let me know, and a little asbout the trip as well.

Al,

I will be flying AAs 777 to Buenos Aires via Miami and returning the same route.  Once there I am joining a tour that will take care of everything including flights to Ushuaia to catch the ship.  I will spend 3 nights in BA with some sightseeing and the ship will have 9 nights.  I will be sailing over the Drake Passage which is the roughest passage on earth.  At times it is smooth sailing and I hope that it is nice to me.  The crossing is about 2 days in each direction.  While in Antarctica, we will be doing 2 landings a day, weather permitting.  Some landings will be dry and some wet where we will have to get out of an inflatable boat into about 10 in of water.  There should be many glaciers and lots of wildlife.  The ship is a luxury yacht that should be comfortable as opposed to a research vessel.  Once the cruise is over, fly home in 3 segments.

I will see what I can do about e-mail.  I will have wireless Internet on the ship and can keep in touch via my smart phone.

OK. Let me know. What are you doing right now? Just going to the home link and seeing who replied where and when?

OK.  I opened another e-mail account.  My old AOL account will allow me to import messages from another account but I don't see how to forward messages.  I will spend some more time tomorrow.  I am hungry since reading that review and need to eat.

That is good. What type of account is the former? You may have to send yourself a little "confirmation code" to get it to forward. It is not that hard, but that is how gmail works so that you cannot just go in and start havng somebody elses email account forward to you, or especially forward to you with any type of filter attached. If you have trouble, just give me a shout. I do not blame you for being hungry after looking at kharada46's blog on Hawaiian eateries. Yum!

I have my new Gmail account and my AOL will transfer for a month so I am OK till after I return.  I found instructions on how to make this permanent.  I asked Andy to change my e-mail address so hope to get alerts while gone.

This is really good news Cali. is it working right now ? Is this message coming to you through gmail, and if so, are you getting it?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...