36 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2013 11:59 AM by jerrycoin Branched from an earlier discussion. RSS

National Mental Health Days throughout the year

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(Jasper, forgive me!)

My Travel Plans for 2013

I have been in many places, but I've never been in Cahoots. Apparently, you can't go alone. You have to be in Cahoots with someone.

I've also never been in Cognito. I hear no one recognizes you there.

I have, however, been in Sane. They don't have an airport; you have to be driven there. I have made several trips there, thanks to my
children, friends, family and work.

I would like to go to Conclusions, but you have to jump, and I'm not too much on physical activity anymore.

I have also been in Doubt. That is a sad place to go, and I try not to visit there too often.

I've been in Flexible, but only when it was very important to stand firm.

Sometimes I'm in Capable, and I go there more often as I'm getting older.

One of my favorite places to be is in Suspense! It really gets the adrenalin flowing and pumps up the old heart! At my age I need all the
stimuli I can get!

I may have been in Continent, and I don't remember what country I was in. It's an age thing. They tell me it is very wet and damp there.

PLEASE DO YOUR PART!

Today is one of the many National Mental Health Days throughout the year. You can do your bit by remembering to send an e-mail to at least one unstable person. My job is done!

Life is too short for negative drama and petty things.

So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly! Well that forgiveness part is up to you!!!

From one unstable person to another... I hope everyone is happy in your head - we're all doing pretty well in mine!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: National Mental Health Days throughout the year
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

A beutiful thing you just said here Jerry. A little from Jasper too? Haha!

I will be getting a little mileage from this at work. f course I created it!!

I love stuff like this. Anything that makes me think. I hope your New Year has been going well. I am still formulating mine, but I feel good vibes.

TALK TO YOU SOON. (Hey, can you tell I have not been having my late night beers much lately? I have just been too plain busy! )

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Al,

Thanks for making me laugh!

I too, need all the laughs I can get!

Where are you off to next, master Jerrycoin?

I just did a 2 day instant decision to hit St. Louis next month. Isn't that your home base?

Are you going to be around next month?

I know you will say "no" if you hear I am coming. !!!

Have not been down there in about 6 years. Last time I stayed at the Embassy Suites right under the Arch there near the riverboats. Some little tequila bar was catty-corner (how do you spell that one?)

I need your best input on gathering me a "20" to ,make my hom base while there. Onl;y doing  3 dayer. Is there a Renaissance about, by chance?

Would like to get that one on my list, if you so recommend.

thanks. I appreciate your help. I look forward to your answer as a general awaits the dawn on a battlefield (Patton? LOL!)

- Al, the Renaissance man!!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I actually got this alert today.  Wow!

Al,

You let me know as soon as you know when you are coming!

Would enjoy getting together.  Will be in Arizona later this month, but back in "The Gateway City" in Feb.

The Renaissance, on Washington Ave. is a pretty nice place, if you want to stay downtown.  You can walk easily to The Convention Center, River, Arch and so forth.  You stayed at Laclede's Landing on your last stay.  You will not be far from that location again.

Al,  Let me know if I help make your visit a great experience.

Thank you Jerry. I would love to talk numismatics with you in person. You could teach me a lot real quick! It is hard to find anybody who knows much about this type of stuff in my circle. If it is not electronic gadgetry, most of them are clueless. I sad thing really.

So I shall look into the Washington Ave. location, and give you some dates as soon as they are set. I appreciate it!

Is that Embassy Suites still there? I remeber they had some construction going on there and I had to park my car along the water front under bridges, and it was like doing loop-d-loops to try and get in and out of the area.

Post Script - First beer is on me courtesy of the Centurion Card folks! LOL! They won't knock on my door until the end of the month!

Al,

Yes, The Embassy Suites is still downtown, as well as one in St. Charles, Mo.  You let me know where you need to be in the area, and I can recommend a place, as well as meet you at a proper pub or hotel.

As far as numismatics, we will take care of all of that while you are in town.

I will have plenty of "Options" available for a memorable stay in STL!  Hopefully, we could get a few other MR to join us!  (NUHusker?).

Think about what kind of food you like, and what you might want to see while in town.

Great!

Thank you for all of your hospitality Jerry! I shall send you the aformentioned information within the week, including the best lodging trcommendation after I get more finalized in the next 3-4 days,

Thus until then, same bat time, same bat channel..................

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

when is this shin-dig?  St Louis is a great town!

Sorry to read about Stan The Man yesterday...

Hello nuhusker!

Another week starting today. Here in Pittsburgh we are looking at 2 degrees tonight. It was 67 last Saturday. I do not know what is going on.

Are you interested in the St. Louis thing? I think it will be a lot of fun.

I will be getting some full details at work this week, but it is looking like early March.

the way I do the work/travel thing is I ALWAYS include at least 2 days of personal time space. I always incorporate it into any business trip. I think I made it read that way in my contract!

HaHa 

I also try to include some leisure/golf time on my trips, but no golf this time of year in the midwest.  So I'm heading to Houston/Dallas all next week...with clubs.  But you'll enjoy meeting jerrycoin.  And he's good for at buying at least one or two rounds...  Have fun.

I spent a month in Dallas one weekend.

I always have a blast there. I used to stay at the Embassy Suites Outdoor World there. Last time in, I was by myself, yet they upgraded me to the Governor's Suite with 3 bathrooms and all kinds of other stuff. Too cool! I ran into some of my friends there who work for CBS Sports, so I turned my room into a big party. In the morning there was like 6 or 7 peoplepassed out that I had to kick out to make a flight into Austin. Soooo Muchhhhh Funnnn, that kind of stuff!!!!

Have a nice trip, but once again, where are you staying there??

I have not been there to try any Marriott stuff since I became Marriott exclusive/loyal.

What do you recommend?

I just changed my avatar like you did today also. I rememberthis one of yours with the stadium. I am not too sure about mine. I may change it again!  HaHa!

Well this trip, I'll be staying with my son in Dallas.  In the past I've stayed at the Renaissance and it's great.  Always got a nice upgrade...sometimes to a suite, but always to the c level.  Then in Houston, I'll be at the JW for 4 or 5 nights.

My picture is normally Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, but recently I changed it to Gen Curtis Lemay.

I got ya. Is there only the one Renaissance in Dallas?

If not, which is best, in your opinion?

Only one that I know of.  And no charge for parking!

Exterior

Very nice! Has that Dallas look to it!

What do you think of my new Avatar? It is an original old antique. I think of it as my "carribean look!

I just get bored with stuff, and want a new look that will stand out. I will probably change it again in a month or so. LOL!

Well...it reminds me of the Husker defense Blackshirts.

I can see that!

Did you meet JerryCoin before?

He seems like a great guy. Always cracks me up, and always has something interesting to say.

Memory like an elephant!

I better not talk him up too much o he will get big-headed! HaHa!

Right Jerry?

al, I met jerrycoin a couple of years ago in PHX.  Then we were both in Burlington, Iowa at the same time a few months ago.  He drinks wine, but always made sure I had a full beer.  Good guy.

That is really cool. It is such a small world sometimes, and even smaller for those who travel a lot like we do.

NU,

You are a "True Gentleman and Scholar", (There are not many of us left!)

Don't forget the wonderful dinner and laughs in that great city of Burlington. Iowa!

If Al lets us know when he will be in St. Louis, it would be great if you and a few others could join us!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

There is a Renaissance in Richardson.  There's also a Marriott Suites a few blocks down from the Market Hall Renaissance on Stemmons, opposite side of the freeway.  Stemmons is I-35E.

I really like the Market Hall Renaissance.  Ask for a room that faces the freeway if you book there.  The view from the back side wouldn't be so good, I don't think.  They're really good about comping breakfast on weekends there, too.  Breakfasts are great on weekends when we stay.  Rooms are great, and so are the people.  It is the feel of TX.  In the summer, they sometimes have movies on the roof where the pool is.

We stayed at the Suites once, but I don't remember much about it.  The pictures they have look like it's been remodeled since we stayed there several years ago.  

Where you want to stay might depend on which part of Dallas you would be in.  Rush hours are murder and it's about 30 miles across at least.

Several Marriotts in the downtown area if you're going to want to be there on business.

I've stayed at the Richardson Renaissance and the Marriott Suites on stemmoms.  This Renaissance has them all beat.  And I agree about the comped breadkfast on weekends.  I have always gooten a room facing downtown...towards the W hotel and American Airlines arena, both of which are very visible at night.

Exterior

Thank you Eb. This is good info, and is certainly eye-opening. I like the movie on the roof option!

NU,

Thanks for the kind words!

Al,

Don't make it March 2-9, I'll be in Park City, Utah!

I have some influence in that respect, thus I will try to avoid those dates Jerry!

Al,

Great let me know ASAP and we will make arrangements.

Like,...Flower Arrangments???....

Ha, LOL!

That is nice Jerry.  I will let you know to a "T" what is going on. Sometimes work trips get so confusing where I am....

Eye should be in charge of the travel department. Eye know eye could do a lot better.

Staffed by a bunch of Red Roof Redicard Bronze status holders. It is the only explanation I have for them. That is me being nice!!  

I hope everything works out, and that others may make it. 

If it is any incentive, I have no objections to acquiring the first 3 rounds to get things rolling. And heavy tipping for any ground transportation which may be required.

Night "al"

Al,

That sounds great, so just let me know the dates, and hope Husker or others could join us!

NU,

Thanks for the kind note about "Stan The Man"! 

Met him a few times and the stories of how wonderful a "Human Being" he was are all true!

Al,

There is also a CY by Union Station that you should consider.  Just look at the rates for all and you make a choice on what is best for you!

Will meet up with you when you have time!

Al,

I am not sure about that Embassy Suites, but when you get your dates booked, let me know!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...