4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 5:37 PM by alrenaissance RSS

No points for Parking

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I know this has probably been beat to death, but my recent stay at the JW Houston near galleria mall reminded me of how ridiculous it is that my most major expenditure (other than the room rate) did not qualify for points under the MR program.  At 30 dollars a day, those points would have added up.  The valet staff were all wearing uniforms with a Marriott logo so I thought for sure that the parking was a hotel function and not an outside vendor.  I'm just curious...are there any full service hotels, Marriott or otherwise, that award points for parking costs?

I do need to say that this was a nice hotel, staff was as friendly as any I've seen, and the concierge lounge was good.  My "experience" with the room service order and this parking issue were the only downsides to the stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Houston, Texas, USA JW Marriott JW Marriott Houston
  • Re: No points for Parking
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

nuhusker,

It depends on the brand.  I know CY doesn't give award points for parking, but my personal experience is that Marriott and JW Marriott properties do.  In fact, the Waikiki Beach Marriott allows you to charge parking to your portfolio, as does the JW Marriott Ihilani in Ko Olina.  In fact, anything I charged to my room at these two properties earned MR points @ 10pts/$ + any Elite bonuses.  Perhaps you should try contacting the property and/or MR customer service? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bigmrm Platinum

Incidentals charged to your room, including parking charged to your room at Marriott and JW Marriott, are eligible for points.

richard37075 Platinum

Like everyone else has said, most FULL service Marriott branded properties are supposed to get points for pretty much all expenditures during your stay.

Check out the link below, some brands say room rate only earn points, while others say you earn points on $'s spent at the hotel during your stay.

Earn Points for Rewards | Get Marriott Points

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

All based on if it appears on your folio, and as mentioned earlier is certainly brand specific.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...