4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 2:52 PM by tryt53 RSS

Marriott concierge - what is going on with missing Plat arrival points?

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Can someone from Marriott please answer my query about my Platinum arrival bonus of 500 points. Since Jan 1st, I have made 3 seperate stays in different hotels, the Marriott Marquis in NYC, the Marriott Windsor/Heathrow UK, and the Marriott West India Quay UK, and on each occasion I have had to phone Marriott rewards to get the 500 points credited.

I know that we are entitled to compensation if we are not asked what arrival gift we would like when we check in, but whats the point of even asking us if the points are not added? If the nights credit and points are added then why are the Plat arrival points missing? Is it a manual thing the hotel have to do - can someone from Marriott please tell us why they keep on leaving them out.

Maybe if the hotel was made to provide members with compensation if they do not post the points, exactly like not being asked upon check in, then I think we would see a vast improvement on the correct points being added to our bills. These 3 occasions in 2013 are not the first for me, it does happen quite a lot.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...