25 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2013 8:24 PM by misterchk RSS

Luggage Tags for Platinum Members

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Each year I ask the same question:  Why hasn't Marriott made luggage tags available to  Platinum MembersP

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Luggage Tags for Platinum Members
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

mistercck,

I am not trying to be difficult, but what would luggage tags make a difference?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

Jerrycoin,

The fact that you participate in these discussions show your (our) attachment/loyalty  to the rewards program.  That said, all other frequent traveler programs provide luggage tags.  These tags can come in quite handy in larger properties if luggage is misplaced by bell department.

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Every bag I've ever had came with a tag or had a slot for an address card; if I want an additional tag I can get them anywhere for a couple bucks. As far as a Marriott branded tag reflecting my status, I really don't care whether I get jealous stares from other travelers. What I really want from Marriott is coffee 24/7 and a CL open on the weekend.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Concierge Lounge open on the weekend would be nice, but I don't think that will ever happen (the only one I know of that does have it open 7 days a week is the Napa Valley Marriott).  I wish more hotels offered a weekend breakfast credit though (in lieu of the Concierge Lounge being closed).  Renaissance Las Vegas offers a $10/day breakfast credit on weekends.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Recently stayed at the Marriott Marquis Time Square and the CL there is open 7 days a week.

theseeker888 Platinum

Most if not ALL Asia Marriott's have CL open 7 days a week.  Currently staying in the China Hotel A Marriott Hotel.  This particular property actually have 24/7 access.  Of course during after hours you will get pop and bottled water only.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Just stayed at the Marriott Grosvenor Square in London - There also the CL is  open 7days (actually went into get bottled water at one am.

theseeker888 Platinum

You see CL open 7 days a week is a live possibility.  But why not in North America is totally a mystery to me honestly.

Platinum 28 Reviews

If I'm correct the Marquis on Times Sq is the only Manhattan Hotel that is open 7 days - By the way it is a "zoo" never saw so many kids running around in my life - not a property for business people!

theseeker888 Platinum

Ah thanks for the tip.  Will be avoiding that one if I need some peace and quiet.  !!

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

So this topic went from the subject of a luggage tag to the availability of CL's.  Very interesting!  My luggage would never get lost, as I like to travel lightly and all i travel with is my laptop and a carry-on suitcase.

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

For some reason, I like luggage tags myself. Maybe because I have so much luggage! One of those items that I pass by a store window and cannot help myself from going in to check as soon as I see it. I probably have spent more money on luggage material at airports (even at my home airport when I get back from a trip!) then anybody I know!

I was recently devistated when the nearest shopping mall to my house had the luggage store, with all of my beloved Tumi brand, close.

As such, I like lots of luggage tags. Therefore, I have used some of my duplicate Marriott cards to create luggae tags of my own. Probably is a better use of my spare time, but I like it for my favorite hotel chain.

As such, I would like Marriott to send me some luggage tags. Could use more then a few, actually!

Good idea!

-Al

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

I agree with Al.  I'd too would like Marriott luggage tags!  On another note, I'd also like AAdvantage luggage tags... hopefully those will be making a come back since AA is showing off luggage tags on their Facebook! 

JayKay Platinum

I ordered AA luggage tags as recently as two years ago.  Were they discontinued?

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

JayKay,

Unfortunately, yes.  When I tried to order luggage tags earlier this year, the website said they stopped selling luggage tags effective 12/20/2012.  Though they are touting new ones on their facebook with the new brand... so HOPEFULLY we'll see them re-appear in the near future...

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Thanks for the tips on Concierge Lounge weekend availability.  The Marriott Concierge Lounge I went to in Japan was open on weekends and it was a nice one--very elaborate and exquisite desserts unlike the fudge bars, brownie bites, lemon bars, and cookies you get in US Concierge Lounges.

I do use the United luggage tags I get.

dejamo Platinum

misterchk,

You want something from Marriott ?

Shame on you...............haven't you been reading the posts ?

How dare you feel that this fine company should give you something in return for your business !

Take my friend alrenaissance's advice, and go to the mall and get some Tumi brand tags........

Stick around though,   since you can spend your points, and "buy back" your previous years "elite" status,  I extrapolate the next move to be that you can use the force and "will" your status to your friends and neighbors.

So be nice to your community, take some sugar next door, and become friends, and you too can revel in all the "enhanced benefits".

ssindc Platinum 42 Reviews

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this, but Marriott used to provide luggage tags not so long ago that the geezers don't remember....  As you'll see, however, the loyalty program had a different name back then, but...  Check it out: http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/polls/1019

In any event, I agree: if I had one (or more) I use it (them).  For example, I use my UNITED 1K luggage tags, and I'm far more attached to Marriott than United....  If nothing else, it's a subtle, but effective form of advertising....

theseeker888 Platinum

Totally agree with ssindc

Platinum 28 Reviews

It appears that the discussion I started does have support.  I hope the "powers that be" react to the positive comments.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I find them useful, provided they are robust!  I am currently using Virgin Atlantic and BA tags as they are all we have left.  Some are fairly flimsy plastic and don't last very long.  Thick, strong plastic on a sturdy cable would be excellent ... hint, hint!

Maybe you should start a poll, misterchk

Platinum 28 Reviews

I enjoy two airline elite statuses as well as my Marriott and Fairmont.  But, I must admit that I have found Marriott to be my favorite as to it's versatility for use. 

I guess this loyalty is what motivated me to keep asking the "tag" question.

Pretty soon (probably in 12-18 months) I'll be begging for my Lifetime Platinum tags!!!!!(LOL)  (that LOLing since I doubt I'lll get those either)

dejamo Platinum

Good luck wih that.

Let me know in a few years how that worked out for you !

Platinum 28 Reviews

If you noticed the disclaimer at the beginning:  "I ask the same question every year"

One of of every four hotel stays is at a Fairmont property.  Just received my new Fairmont tags.  Consequently I'll be using those for another year or two!

Good travelling friend.

Ambuman Platinum 28 Reviews

Luggage tags would be nice

In addition to the the other half of the discussion CL should be open 7 days a week  I have weekend travel fairly often and not having a CL lounge open is an inconvenience. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...