0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 3:28 PM by platinumstar RSS

Marriott Marquis New York

platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just back from a 3 night stay at the Marriott Marquis New York. I replied to the Marriott concierge email i received a week before and in the comments i put

"We have 2 rooms booked, but do NOT want any rooms with a connecting door, and can they please be on high floor" I also said it was my nieces 1st time to NY and if they could provide a nice upgraded room that would be great.

When I checked in at 7.15pm on Sat 26th Jan, I was told that they were sorry but they couldn't give us rooms with a connecting door. I pointed out that I had asked for rooms WITHOUT a connecting door. However, they then said that now they could only give me 1 room without a connecting door (we are light sleepers) and the 2nd room would have to have a connecting door. After a long flight from the Uk we just wanted to get to our rooms. My niece went to her room with the connecting door and i went to mine, only to find that my room also had a connecting door, so down i go with my luggage from the 33rd floor to the 8th floor reception, only to be told that the room i had been does NOT have a connecting door because the system said it didnt. I suggested the young lady visit my room. After phoning somebody, i was finally given a room without a connecting door. I was also told that because we had checked in late (7.15pm) no upgrades were available.

On checking my statement today, I found i hadn;t got the 500 points for my welcome gift. I gave a call to marriott rewards who immediately amended it and gave me the 500 points.

Whats the point of completing an email for any requests if the hotel doesn't act on them?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...