11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 4:07 PM by johnl RSS

Any suggestions on any Bonus Points Programs?

carew'sin Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I need to gain approx 50-70,000 points quickly. Any suggestions of how to do this? Are there any Bonus Programs available that I am unaware of? Please advise.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Any suggestions on any Bonus Points Programs?
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Have you gone the credit card route?  Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Chase Sapphire Preferred?  If you have the Sapphire Preferred card, I've heard you can exchange Ultimate Rewards points to Marriott Rewards at 1:1.  alrenaissance can better explain the Sapphire Preferred card. 

Not sure if American Express points are transferrable.  Other than that, you'll need to stay or hold an event at a Marriott, CY, RI, etc.  You could go with shopmywaymall to help, but it takes a long time for the miles to post.  I believe Chase also gives points for opening a mortgage or HELOC with them, but that also takes a bunch of time to do if applicable. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

There were 25 points per dollar spent for flowers through the Marriott online shopping recently.  Good idea for Valentine's Day if it's still going on.  I realize it doesn't add many points, but really good value for points, especially if you use the Marriott Visa, too.

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

Your best bet is the Marriott Rewards credit card because I think you get 50,000 points after your first purchase.

GemPrincess Alumni Steward Platinum 17 Reviews

you can also do some online shopping to earn points.

Both are threads where richard37075 and jkernitzki made some excellent suggestions about which luggage to buy, and earning Marriott Points.  Another link jkernitzki and stelzer001 share their experiences buying an iPad.

Carry-On

Reedm marriott reward points against Apple Ipad??Reedm marriott reward points against Apple Ipad??

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hello.Carew'sin'

Online shopping is a valuable method, and I have been using it a lot lately, especially for big box home purchases.

Big downfall is that it can take 2-3 monthes to post. no kidding.

Sapphire PREFERRED (not regular, only 10,000 points) can earn you 40,000 bonus right off the bat. Need tyo spend $3,000 the first month, but the points will go to Chase account immediately, and then only takes 24 hours to post. So, apply, if accepted, expedite card (you should know within 10 minutes if approved) , spend $3,000, end of billing cycle points will appear immedately.

TOTAL time from apply to in Marriott account would be about 25 days, as first billing cycle hiys fast. with 3,000 spent (restraunts or travel expendatures would be 2X points) = 43,000 points.

What you could do is see about the special on Marriott site. If still offered, you could get 5X points awarded for buying marriott gift cards at $3,000.

Then you would have 43,000 + at least 15,000 giving you 58,000. All within 45 days.

Does that help?

Are you a member of either Amtrack or Diner's Club? More help there.

Let me know.

-Al

Chase Marriott Premier is promo at 50,000 for $1,000 spent if apply by 2/28/13.

Regular Chase Marriott (grey) is 22,500.

Sapphire Preferred is 40,000 for $3,000 spent.

All are current as of today, 2/9/13.

toader Platinum 2 Reviews

At this time, don't forget that Marriott has its Mega Bonus, which can land you 50,000 MR points after 25 paid nights between Feb 1 and Apr 30.  That is if you will be staying a bunch of nights in this span.

Nice. True. Long wait though.

tker Alumni Steward Platinum 1 Reviews

This is targeted, I believe. You may be allowed to enroll. However, I know from Flyertalk that different Megabonus goals and rewards are offered based on stay patterns. I have the offer you described. Some have an offer of a cat 4 night after there 3rd stay etc.

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Hi carew'sin,

Your fellow posters have made some very good suggestions.  I'm not sure what the points are going to be used for, but another couple of options are to purchase the points (up to 50,000 per year) or have them transferred from a family member or friend.  Check out this link:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/tranpurc.mi

Thanks,

JohnL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...