3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2013 12:51 PM by johnl RSS

Elite nights missing

capemay11 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Having the Marriott credit card gives me 15 nights towards silver/gold/plat status.  So...why does my balance show only 12 nights? The lady that I called said that Jan. 1 my account is cleared and they will be credited in Aug. on my anniversary date.So if someone gets a card Dec. 15th, then do they have 15 nights credited for /12 a month, then January they are back to 0? If that's the case, it is more beneficial if you got your card in January instead of any other month?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite nights missing
    av Gold

Yes, you are right.

My anniversary comes in November, it still helps to archive a status, but you may miss some nice benefits.

In my case, In September I got an promotion to archive a status with just 14 nights (I was 28 nights shot at that time). But wit 15 bonus nights in November I needed only 13 nights.

Is there a way to move your anniversary date?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

capemay11 Silver

It makes no sense to have a program that is not equitable to everyone participating.  Anyone with a Marriott Premier Card should always have a balance of 15 Elite night credits  no matter what month they got the card.  Otherwise, if Marriott explained that they give you the Elite night credits the month you get the card and then "clear" them in December...People would only sign up for credit cards in January and February so they could benefit the most.  I think they need to re-think their implementation and make it fair for everyone.

johnl Marriott Associate Gold

Hi Capamay11,

Something to keep in mind is that you will maintain Silver Elite status throughout your time as a cardholder, regardless of how many nights you have credited.  The 15 nights you receive as part of having the card is sort of a step-ladder to help you reach Gold Elite status (50 nights within a year).  If you were to reach 35 nights prior to receiving your 15 Visa nights, I would suggest contacting Marriott Rewards to see if an exception can be made.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

JohnL

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...