5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 11:31 PM by marriottmemberfromla RSS

Using rewards points for a Labor Day booking

evepeters Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I wanted to inquire if I am going to be able to redeem my rewards points for a booking that is already established. I reserved nights at the Marriott in Downtown Atlanta for Labor Day weekend through Passkey (this was the only way to book at the time for the convention). I joined Marriott rewards and got the credit card in anticipation of being able to use points accrued towards this trip. I would like to ensure that I will be able to use my points in this instance.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Using rewards points for a Labor Day booking
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

evepeters

not sure I undertstand your question/circumstance.  If you simply booked a room on Roomkey and now want to change it to a rewards stay, you could just first make sure a rewards room is available, book it, then cancel the room you booked thru roomkey.  If you have a pre-paid, non-refundable res on Roomkey, you will ave a problem accomplishing your mission.  Hope this helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

evepeters Silver 4 Reviews

Hi there and thanks for your input. This is a very busy weekend in Downtown Atlanta and the hotel is sold out. I've also paid a non-refundable deposit equal to one night's stay, so I'm partially locked in that way.

I suppose I'm asking if there is any way to retro-actively apply award points to a stay that is still several months away.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

The answer is most likely no.  However, I would call 1.800.marriott and ask one of the kind folks if they could help you out.  no harm asking.  good luck.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

eve,

Shoeman has some great advice!

Are you Platinum? you could try for a Platinum "Overide", but it would be expensive!

Lastly, call the hotel directly, and ask for Guest relations, explain you situation, and "Keep you fingers crossed", you have nothing to lose!

Good luck!  I really think you will get this resolved in a happy way!

marriottmemberfromla Platinum 51 Reviews

You would have to call.  You can now do points and cash...but since you used Room Key, you might not be able to use points to complete your bill.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...