7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 2:43 PM by vaboywnder RSS

E-Certificate Question...

kybear10 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I am somewhat new to the Marriott Rewards, but through the Megabonus promotion, I have received 2 free nights (cat 1-4). I would like to use them in June when I am planning to travel to Atlanta, and want to be able to secure a certain cat 4 hotel by the airport (Marriott Gateway )

My concern is, if i book and attach the e-certificates, what will happen if for some reason I had to cancel my stay, and could not attend? Would they be lost, as they were marked as used, or would the e-certificate from the promo re-deposit into my account? I would love to be pre-planned and booked, but worry that If something were to happen and I could not go, I would lose those free nights I could have used at a later time elsewhere!

Thanks all

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: E-Certificate Question...
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Kybear,

Welcome to the forum.  As long as you cancel your reservation prior to the cancellation date according to the cancellation policy for your particular reservation, your e-certs should be credited back to your MR account.  Having said that, whe it has happened to me, I always call the reservation line to confirm that the e-cert is being deposited back to my account.  I don't rely on just an online cancellation.  I always like to hear a live person tell me, 'No worries.  Done.'

Let us know how your Atlanta stay turns out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kybear10 Silver

Thanks so much for your quick response! Calling to make sure though is definitely a great idea. This forum has rave reviews of the hotel, so i'm excited to try it out!

Take Care!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

The e-cert will be redeposited.  I just did it.

I had an airport hotel in Miami and my flights changed.  I canceled on line and then looked at my account activity and you saw my certificate there.  It is that fast.

Pluto,

I feel better when I see it there and it does show.  Try it next time.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

I like to see it there too.  That IS fast!

kybear10 Silver

Thanks for such a fast response! Good to know there's usually a quick turnaround when it re-deposits

Have a great day!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

It is nice because you can cancel a reservation and then use the e-cert on another night right away.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Enjoy your stay at the Marriott Gateway in Atlanta!  Excellent choice if you need to be near the airport.  Plus you have easy access to the Marta train that can take you into the city if you want to explore.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...