6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2013 4:56 PM by fschumpert RSS

What are your Top US Vacation Clubs?

dollard Alumni Steward Silver 11 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

With back to back children the traveling out of the US will slow and we will start to look for Vacation Clubs to have more space with young children and maybe Grandparents. I am looking for some ideas of what everyone thinks are some of the better locations to travel to. We just went to the Saint Thomas Frenchmans Cove location and that was good but I would like to be able to drive to one for a year or two and save for the international ones. So if you have some ideas of some of the locations and maybe somethings about them would be great. Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Florida, USA
South Carolina, USA
  • Re: What are your Top US Vacation Clubs?
    curiousone Platinum

With kids you will have to do Orlando. Any of the Marriott Vacation Clubs will be good. We stayed at the Royal Palms which is right next to another MVC (I think Sable Palms) and there are several other MVC resorts in Orlando. All close to the many resorts. If the kids are old enough I would suggest the Marriott Ft. Lauderdale MVC. It is difficult to find the entrance, but a great location once you are there. Within the continental US I would also suggest the t Canyon Ridge (North Phoenix) which is right next to a JW Marriott and has privileges at the JW. Also, the Newport Coast MVC. Outside of the Marriott chain, we had an enjoyable stay at the Westin Kierland Villas in North Phoenix. It is right next to the Westin Kierland Resort and has privileges with the resort. The Boston Custom House is in an awsome location, but only has 1 bedroom suites. Might be a good vacation away from the kids!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

We live in Chattanooga, TN, and like the nearby MVC villas at Hilton Head, SC - especially "Grand Ocean" - and at Grand Dunes in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Weather is nice even in winter months and beaches are near empty - great for walking, but not for swimming at these times. You must book summer time villas at beach well a year in advance, though.

Fred

lizbeth Platinum

A couple of other thoughts--the Willow Ridge Lodge in Branson was a nice surprise--the property was quite decent, and Branson is just a great place for kids and grown-ups, alike.  Tons of things to do, and a nice family feel to the place.  Williamsburg has the Manor Club at Ford's Colony, and there is lots to do for kids both in Williamsburg and in the environs, as well.  The villa we stayed in was one of the largest we have seen--very lovely.  I toured the villas at Doral in Miami while we were staying at the hotel and was underwhelmed--probably wouldn't be my pick, but, again, Miami has great beaches and is a change from Hilton Head.  We lived there for seven years and have seen most of the properties (even stayed at the Grand Ocean after moving away) and I ditto Fred's remark about it being lovely.  Am looking forward to seeing more over the next several years, but none will beat our beloved Desert Springs Villas I in Palm Desert.  It is great to have the extra room and kitchen facilities that the villas provide, and there are often reduced rates for stays in the off-season.  Have fun!

jep2020 Gold 1 Reviews

Boston is a must see. Even with the inconvenience of the one bedroom The kids get enough history to carry them through High School. See the USS Constitution, Quincy, Kennedy Library. It takes a full week and if you have time for day trips Concord and Plymouth are not far. This has been one of our favorites.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

My top MVC in no specific order:

Maui Ocean Club Lahaina/Napili Towers, Maui, HI

Custom House, Boston, MA

Marriott's MountainSide, Park City, UT

Marriott's Newport Coast Villa, Newport Beach, CA

Marriott's Fairway VIllas, Absecon, NJ

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

The Marriott Canyon Villas in Phoenix - actually Desert Ridge, north of Phoenix, are quite nice, but awfully hot in summer time.

FredBlackberry Photos 00032.jpgMarriott at South Lake Tahoe (as shown here) also quite nice if you like skiing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...