4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 12:20 PM by californian RSS

No Marriot Rewards Credit for third party booking...

coachmj99 Member 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

After planning and booking a Honeymoon to Maui, I was informed by Marriot Rewards customer service that I would recieve no credit or rewards for the stay because I booked through a third party website. I have been staying a Marriot Hotels for years and this has never happened before. Has anyone else had this happen? Any suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Marriot Rewards Credit for third party booking...
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I took a tour where we stayed at a Marriott and I didn't get rewards or night credit.  The way it was explained to me is that the third party, the tour company, booked the room and paid for it and in turn sold it to me.  I was not paying Marriott so no credit.  The other hotels companies do the same and so do the airlines.

Hove you already paid?  Maybe you could cancel and book directly with Marriott!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

I hit the same problem when booking through a 'late bookings' site ... it seems a common approach.  However, on the positive side, at check-in the Marriott associate acknowledged my card that I presented and upgraded me ... I was Platinum at the time.  I still didn't get the points though .  I couldn't cancel and rebook as I didn't know that it would be a Marriott that I would be staying at until after I had paid ... it was a non-refundable offer.

coachmj99 Member 1 Reviews

Thank you both for the reply. I have already paid, so I guess I am stuck with the outcome. Hopefully the front desk will still be able to use my rewards status for possible upgrades. I will certainly keep this in mind when booking future travel. My Starwoods membership does not work the same way as Marriot, and neither did the airline or car rental company I booked with the same reservation.

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Because of the way mine was booked, they were not able to reference my reservation till I got to the hotel and by then they were full and not able to upgrade me but they did give me CL access and such.  If you saved enough that is probably worth more than the points.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...