2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 10:08 PM by alrenaissance RSS

Elite free night catagory 1-5 stays

laurieg Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

One would think that in issuing free night stays to loyal Marriott Reward members (which is a perk I am aware) a rewards member might have the ability to use this is various ways...not so...

We find that it is the catagory 7 + stays we most often book at. Yet our free nights are for a catagory 1-5 why not make them the same as the catagory we most often book?

Another thought would be to allow the Elite free catagory 1-5 stay to be either transferable or upgradable or give us the ability to use them in an easier way.

Does anyone else agree?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite free night catagory 1-5 stays
    kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

laurieg,

I've never received this perk, but do get the category 1-5 certificate from the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature card, and totally agree with you!  Why not let me use it at a higher category property and just pay cash or points to make up the difference?  I live on Oahu, and our lowest category hotel is the CY Waikiki Beach.  I'd much rather use the certificate at the cat. 6 Waikiki Beach Marriott or the cat. 7 JW Marriott Ihilani! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite free night catagory 1-5 stays
    alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I agree laurie, as it sometimes almost forces people to use the certificate at times when they do not really want to for fear of it expiring or something.

Me personally use my certificates no matter what as I tend to go to a wide variety of category places throughout the year. But for people who do not, I can understand this being a hassle.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...