8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 1:17 AM by alrenaissance RSS

Marriott Elite Tier Matching

alrenaissance Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Could anybody tell me if they have had any luck with Marriott and tier matching for other hotels?

A new person at my work had ove 100 nights with Hilton properties last year. Our company (with some encouragment from me!) is Marriott preferred.

Has anybody got in touch with Marriott in the past, showed them what they did, and have some sort of elite status given in Marriott, perhaps on a trial basis or conditional, like "Do 4 stays in the next month, and we will make you Gold for the next year?"

I know Hlton will do it for Marriott tiers, but have not experienced it the other way. I tried to call Platinum Rewards, and they said to call some number, but they appeared to be closed, and I left a message. That was last Friday.

Any help would be appreciated, as my new friend is going on a trip next week. I wanted to hopefully give her some good news and inspiration.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Elite Tier Matching
    richard37075 Platinum

Have your co-worker contact Marriott Rewards Customer Service and ask about a "Challenge".  They have both gold and platinum challenges.  If my memory serves, to attain gold you need 8 stays in a 3 month time frame, and 12 for platinum during the same 3 months.  The trick also is to start the challenge a week or two into a month.  You get 3 full months plus the remainder of the month you are into to make your stay requirements.  Just remind your co-worker that a multi-night stay still only counts as 1 stay.

The good thing about Marriott challenges also are you receive immediate gold or platinum status during your challenge time frame.  I know several hotel chains offer challenges, but you only obtain status, and there benefits, once you complete the requirements of the challenge.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thank you Richard! This was very helpful and I will put it to use as of today. I really appreciate the in-depth info, and you are right, the other hotels will not begin the level until you achieve the "challenge". It is nice (and unique) that Marriott will give you level when you start.

chrisf Alumni Steward Platinum 20 Reviews

Great to get such useful info from a new MRI member eh, Al?  Really helpful.

Yes Chris!

I hope to hear more from Richard. That was really helpful and nice of him.

I will also take his advice about the refer a friend thing. He is correct in that she just joined formally.So now I get a little something for me helping her. Yeah!

Talk to you soon - Al

D

richard37075 Platinum

You're welcome alrenaissance.  Glad I could be of assistance.

If your coworker doesn't already have a MR #, I would also send him a referral email, so you can also get points of his first 5 stays (2,000 points/stay).

Here is the link........ Refer a Friend Bonus Points, Marriott Rewards Refer a Friend

Thank you Richard. I took your advice about the referral bonus. I almost forgot, and it appears that it will be applicable here.

I really appreciate it!  Hope to hear more from you!

-Al

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

I actually did this to get my Platinum the first time (going from Silver level), and I think the criteria my be different at different times.  When I did it, I had to stay around 18 or 20 nights in the period of just under 4 months (started it about 4 days into the month to get the maximum time to meet the nights), and the number of stays didn't matter.  Since you are awarded Platinum (or Gold it that is what you are trying for), I was able to meet the challenge, get my Platinum status from the challenge, and enjoy the Platinum benefits for the whole vacation while I was trying to get it permanently(for the rest of the partial and next full year).  Hope this works out for you too! 

Thank you Try. It is a new girl at work, and this will really help her.

And give my girlfriend something new to worry about.    Whoops!!! Just kidding!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...