17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 4:35 PM by jaf RSS

0 points  , 0 nights    no marriott  credit card in europe, exept england

klaus29 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

i know i dont will get many responses.i think  whe only  1 prozent  insider from euroipe here.  but  if you think whe  the  member from europe  how  many nights  and ponts  whe loost.

whe  are not second class ,  whe are  0 class  member.  free  flights  plus hotel is only a dream for us.  in europe  whe dont have 1 night  free. whe dont get 1 point from a credit card

you in the U.S.A you have to do  nathing..for this, you have your marriott credit  card.for all. whe  in europe  whe get only points when whe pay to marriott..

this  is  so injust  i dont find word for this.     for anderstand  very good  , you  just  think if you dont have the marriott rewards credit card ,how many advantage ,or better how  many ,

nights and points you will loost

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 0 points  , 0 nights    no marriott  credit card in europe, exept england
    jaf Platinum

Klaus, I am also unhappy how Marriott treats europeans by not giving them the same opportunities to get similar benefits as US members. We should voice this situation louder, so may be we will be heard.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

klaus29 Silver

hi  jaf

you see  this probleme, interesse  Person.  look only you give a answer.  little bit normal.  not en one europeen site  ,you will  find

one word from this  marriott  credit  Card..  same  the  insider page  you will find only  on the USA  marriott.com page, and possible

the UK.  I think  whe can wait long time  for get the   marriott  credit card.

i week ago  i see in  a buisness journal  VISA EUROPE  and USA  , is the same compagnie  but work  seperate.  visa  from the  usa

you will find  in the stockmarket, not  visa  europe.  the 2 work completly different.  i think for this  reason whe dont  have the credit card in

europe.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Klaus,

I think you are correct that the problem is striking a business deal between Marriott and European credit card companies and banks.  In the US, co-branded credit cards have become commonplace.  I am curious... are co-branded credit cards commonplace in Europe?

I am sorry you are not feeling any love or respect as a result of this lack of rewards opportunity.  Were I in your shoes, I might feel the same.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I'm all for giving Klaus and our European cousins a better deal and a better way for night and point accumulation.

erc Platinum

As I write this from the Fairfield Inn in Christiansburg, Va after enjoying a near death experience with the truckers on friendly I-81, I do feel for Klaus.

Let's see, he lives in Paris, spends weeks in Brussels, is the King of Kuala Lumpur upgrades, the Prince of Phuket suites, and the overall Emperor of the Executive Lounge (hey, I'm starting to sound like a National Car Rental ad), aah what the heck, I'm all in! Good luck Klaus, I hope you get that card.  Note: I was really looking forward to a Klaus baseball story - nuts.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

erc,

We need friends like Klaus. This breath of fresh air Asian traveler from Europe has been looking out for us....let's get him that card!!

klaus29 Silver

hi  erc and all insider

thank you  for your nice worrds.  erc  you say i am the prince . the king  etc.etc.

yes  i take a hard Revanche,  you have the Marriott Credit  Card.  and i sleep now  4  years in Asia only in a Suite.  every years you know

i stay 6 months  in thailand, and 3 months in Asia  in different Brands.  JW Marriott  Jakarta where i pay with points i get a Suite  in the

Renaissance  Melakka  now its a Radisson. i get a Suite, in the  Renaissance  Kuala Lumpur i get a Suite in the  JW M,arriott  Medan i get

a Suite, weeks ago  i make  for the first time , in the Renaissance  from Kuta Bharu  for  next December, a 18 days stay, for the Megabonus

i get alredy  the Confirmation  from the GM i will be  upgrate  to  Suite..  thats mean the last  4  Years  3 months every year  i dont  sleep

in a Deluxe  Room for what i pay  but only  in a Suite.   you see  you  have your Marriott Credit  Card ,and  i have my Suites.Iin  Asia.

And when you get  a free Upgrate to a Suite,1 Time, you get it alltime, sure  you have to go back  to the same  Hotel

have  all a nice holiday

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Hello Pluto,

Very familiar in UK too: from financial services sector, through retail, to the local soccer club!

jaf Platinum

Hi Klaus, we should involve the insiders community on this issue. I have been reading the thread but have decided to stay behind the scenes, but it is time for us to be heard. Hope that somehow the loyalty we have had will be heard.

jaf Platinum

Hope the indiders community will make our voice heard by Marriott. Indeed there are co-branded credit cards (airlines, even football/soccer club credit cards), but for some reason we do not have the possibility of a Marriott credit card with the benefitis US and Canadians (less than US, but would be happy with the same deal) have, such as the free 15 nights (the premier card) and points. Just seems a bit unfair, particularly when you come close to get gold or platinum and you fall short of a few nights.

klaus29 Silver

jaf

in the USA, and Europe  the bank get a commission  when you buy  samething.with your Card.  But  where all change,  in the USA you pay a fee

from about  15%  the  time of your Credit,  in   France  i  pay  0 %  also nathingh..  In Europe  Marriott   can winn  nathing,  in the  USA

possible  Marriott  can get  3  or 5 % from the  Bank.. I think  this is the Reason.why whe will get never a Marriott Credit  Card., in Europe.

It sounds to me like trumpeting the rally cry here on Insiders will do absolutely no good, because it's a business decision.  If Marriott doesn't stand to gain from it, they're not going to do it, pure and simple.  I'm glad however that Klaus is the King of suite upgrades.  He's the real winner, and very, very good on you Klaus for that!  Keep up all of that good work of "livin' large."

jaf Platinum

Hi Pluto77, I am aware it is a business thing. What I want Marriott to see is the possibility for both the institution and european customers to win. At the moment, european customers have a big disadavantage. I know we are not alone, and I would like to see everyone getting the same benefits as loyal customers.

Jaf,

I concur completely, and would love to see an all around win as well.  It's just that - well, have you done much reading on here?  There is a strong consensus that our complaints, requests, suggestions are falling on deaf ears.  I am empathetic, but without much hope.

jaf Platinum

pluto77,

I have not done much reading on here. I am just starting to participate in tthe forum. Anyway, thanks for your opinion.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...