9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2013 4:06 PM by eb5147 RSS

Why is Marriott creating a bogus Dream Tracker, which is irritating at best?

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I had never noticed anything in our "dream tracker" because I'd never looked.  Why would I want to share one dream tracker when we have too many to post in just one account anyway?  Now a "dream" is appearing for a night in Zurich, Switzerland.  There is a delete option, but when I try to delete, it says that we haven't added anything to delete, which is true.  So why would Marriott add it for us?  If I was "dreaming" of going to Switzerland, it wouldn't be for one night and it would include at least a month of staying in other places in Europe.  After all, why stay for one night when it's too expensive to get there anyway.  And Australia, New Zealand, HI and AK, Bali, the Caribbean would come well before Europe as fantastic as it would be to visit.

I just resent someone's trying to plan our dreams for us!!!!!!!!  It really angers me at whoever did this and I wonder at the reason.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why is Marriott creating a bogus Dream Tracker, which is irritating at best?
    californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I had never looked at mine before this and when I did, nothing is there.  Your's is probably an error.  You may want to call customer service to find out what happened.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Why is Marriott creating a bogus Dream Tracker, which is irritating at best?
    jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Did you miss this?

Screen Shot 2013-01-19 at 12.28.40 PM.png

I did, and deleted it with your help, but the fact remains, I didn't put it there in the first place and I don't see that anyone else has the right to add anything.  I know my husband didn't go in to add one little night in Zurich.  I really don't consider this question to have been answered, even though I do appreciate your help, jk.  I see that every reply is treated as a correct answer.

jkernitzki Platinum 2 Reviews

Well that is curious.  I didn't have anything in mine (and also never even looked at it until your post). The one item in the image I added just to see how to delete it. TBH, it doesn't really seem like that useful of a thing, anyway. I think most of us know how to calculate points.

Very true.  But if it were to have a purpose for me, I wouldn't like to have anyone's adding my "dreams" for me.  I don't want them to have the thought of going into "MY" account to do such things.

Someone else had posted about that as early as Apr 2012.  I'm not sure that was a true date or whether or not it was one of the posts that was just updated for a more current posting date.

You might want to try to get rid of the example, or at least of the line that shows your points.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

I've asked a few people here and to help troubleshoot further, would you be able to email me a screenshot of what you see? insidershelp@marriott.com

It looked exactly like the one above.  I think it was even the same place, but I deleted it after jk showed me how.  I just really didn't appreciate anyone's going into my husband's account to create a bogus goal that is supposedly ours to create.  Maybe someone ought to relay this info to whomever had the brilliant idea that we had to use this site to create our goals.  It does NOT create good customer relations.  

Re: Why is Marriott creating a bogus Dream Tracker, which is irritating at best?

jkernitzki  Commuter

It's happened again.  This time, NYC seems to be the destination that has been chosen for us.  So maddening!!!

p.s.:  When I just now went there after posting elsewhere about it, the "dream" was removed and this was in it's place.

Also, I just realized that I had searched the site for NYC hotels for someone else, so they must track our searches and insert them as our "dreams".

Add to Your Dreams

DreamRewards Tracker is the electronic tool that allows you to select and save up to 5 dream travel and leisure rewards, and to track how close you are to reaching those dreams.

Starting January 15, 2009, the Marriott Rewards award schedule will change with the introduction of the No Blackout Dates policy. Prior to that date, you may continue to reserve DreamRewards Tracker travel and leisure rewards at the current awards schedule. Additionally, rewards reservations made prior to January 15 will be honored at the current award schedule. However, starting January 15, you must add new rewards goals to your DreamRewards Tracker.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...